Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath  (Read 15209 times)

AIMis180

Re: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2004, 03:53:52 PM »
chinese RC:
support view of author:
chinese decendants who own something that used to be swamps the right answer?

AGarb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2004, 03:54:18 PM »
I didnt get to do all the LR. i prob missed about 6 that i didnt have time to answer on the lr sections combined. I think RC was avg and the games were easy. But the LR toook so much time and i never don't finish. for this reason...i may cancel. lets discuss more questions so i can decide

murkydreamer

« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2004, 03:54:57 PM »
Someone said something about the author's attitude toward Modernism in that passage as well.  I think I put unimpressed, but seems like most people said exasperated.  Guess I missed at least 1.  LOL.

Hmmm, I was debating for that question but I think I ended up putting unimpressed.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2004, 03:55:16 PM »
so the consensus is that the LG were relative speaking, easy?

like the june 04 test?

JGC

• View Profile
    • Joe's Page
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2004, 03:55:47 PM »
chinese RC:
support view of author:

That's the answer I put--it seemed reasonable.

Reason

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2004, 03:56:18 PM »
i put unimpressed as well...exasperated is too strong of a word for the attitude the author had, he was totally not moved by the arguments

Fishdog

• Rarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2004, 03:56:25 PM »
ooooooh man...
i just don't feel good at all about it, and it was because of logic games. my LG was experimental (section 2)...a lot of sequencing questions. And I finished it with time to spare and felt pretty good about it. But then Section 5 was LG again, and I know it was the real one. I don't know if I had already used up all my LG brain juice, but I completely crumbled. I spent 15 on the first question. I stared at questions because they would not seep into my brain. I was a deer in the headlights. It was the LSAT equivalent of George W. Bush debating.
At least I wrote a kick-ass essay!!! Ahh, please shoot me.
I guess I feel better about the reading comp. than some people on the board. the nerve endings one was really stupid, but i thought it was balanced by the super-easy Pacific Coast one. I thought LR was typical.
But one thing...it was late in the day, and I swear I could not figure out this stupid question. I don't know why. It was the one about the first bicycle, and how it was a fad for a while, and then dropped out of favor for like 60 years because "values changed" or something. I couldn't find an answer I was happy with. Does anyone remember that one?

Yep: UNC, Emory, Miami, GMU, UGA
Nope:
Withdrawn: W&M, W&L
Pending: GW

BAFF213

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2004, 03:58:18 PM »
chinese RC:
support view of author:

i think i put this too - something about swamp reclaimation

murkydreamer

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »
ooooooh man...
But one thing...it was late in the day, and I swear I could not figure out this stupid question. I don't know why. It was the one about the first bicycle, and how it was a fad for a while, and then dropped out of favor for like 60 years because "values changed" or something. I couldn't find an answer I was happy with. Does anyone remember that one?

I think I put the choice about how it could have failed for other reasons... maybe?

calibos11

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2004, 04:01:13 PM »
I had that too.  Someone said something about the author's attitude toward Modernism in that passage as well.  I think I put unimpressed, but seems like most people said exasperated.  Guess I missed at least 1.  LOL.

YES! That's what the other answer choice was. I couldn't remember it. I know "indifferent" and "exasperated" didn't sound right. Pretty sure I put "unimpressed" as well.  If this was indeed one of the answer choices, I'd put money on it being the right one.