Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath  (Read 14737 times)

Comm-Law

• View Profile
Re: October 2004 LSAT: the aftermath
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2004, 03:45:48 PM »
The Chinese Pacific Coast was on the real RC section.

Yea, I was not a fan of that Canadian *&^%.  What else was there for reading comp?  Was the Chinese on the Pacific Coast on the real RC?  Oh yea and then the NGF *&^% or whatever that someone mentioned earlier.

JGC

• View Profile
    • Joe's Page
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »
I didn't do this reading comp passage.  Was it the third of the fourth one?  Was it really hard?

Yea...I think it was the 4th one.  I thought the first one was hardest.  Some *&^% about Canadian union pre-paid legal plans--bored the @#!* out of me + it was my first taste of the LSAT, so I was quite nervous.  

Yea, I was not a fan of that Canadian *&^%.  What else was there for reading comp?  Was the Chinese on the Pacific Coast on the real RC?  Oh yea and then the NGF *&^% or whatever that someone mentioned earlier.

Yeah, both of those were in the real section, because my experimental was logic games and I had those.

WoodStove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
It's interesting how this thread has developed. You can tell that in the first two pages folks were particularly disjointed in relation to eachother. However, right around 12 PM things people started making sense, and by 1 things were back to normal (relatively). At any rate, I feel like i'm high on crack right now from that test, but one might make the correlation that as people from different time zones began posting on the board when their tests ended, the nature of the thread changed. Can we reasonably infer that those from the east coast were particularly more stressed over the test than those from states in the west, which resulted in less cogency? Perhaps stress leads to individualism and a rejection of a social awareness? I know that as an ex New Englander in Colorado, people are less stressed out here. I know it's a stretch...but hey, it something to talk about other than pissing, experimentals, tuesday's, red bull, ect...
PS, as a longtime lurker, thanks for all the help!

BIG H2001

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2004, 03:48:08 PM »
Chinese Pacific Coast, Legal Plans, Modernism, NGF bull.

Those were the reading comps. that counted.  I did well on all but NGF.  But my pencil eraser was bad and all my eraser marks smeared so I probably missed a couple because of that.

calibos11

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2004, 03:48:25 PM »

Yup...the NGF (which also was screwed up) + the Chinese one with the sly-ass-tricky, wrong answer choice relating to agribusiness

murkydreamer

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
What about the question in the modernist architecture section asking what the author's purpose of referring to Frank Lloyd Wright, etc. I put the answer along the lines of the modernists claming that these were representative works--can't remember exactly...

That's the answer I put...

BAFF213

« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2004, 03:51:15 PM »
The Chinese Pacific Coast was on the real RC section.

that's what i thought.

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2004, 03:51:49 PM »
does anyone remember any answers to specific LG problems, i know this is nearly impossible but come on there are some serious nerds on here... any help is as always appreciated.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

BIG H2001

« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2004, 03:52:40 PM »
What about the question in the modernist architecture section asking what the author's purpose of referring to Frank Lloyd Wright, etc. I put the answer along the lines of the modernists claming that these were representative works--can't remember exactly...

That's the answer I put...

I had that too.  Someone said something about the author's attitude toward Modernism in that passage as well.  I think I put unimpressed, but seems like most people said exasperated.  Guess I missed at least 1.  LOL.

BAFF213

« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »
I didn't even have enough time to get to the passage on Modernism.  Am I screwed?