Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decisions must be in by...?  (Read 778 times)

apartment

Decisions must be in by...?
« on: March 19, 2004, 05:02:57 PM »
One school I applied to is absolutely refusing to acknowledge I exist.  I know things are going slow, so maybe they haven't lost my application yet, but if they still have not sent me any decision (accept/reject/waitlist/defer/anything) by April 1st, do you think I would be justified in sending them a nasty letter demanding a refund?  Should I wait until April 15th?  When I call I am referred to status check which just says that I'm complete.

(I have been complete for 5 months.)

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
Re: Decisions must be in by...?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 05:39:39 PM »
I am in a similar position.  My applications are complete and the LSAC reports have been sent to USC, UCLA, & UC Hastings.  However, I have yet to receive a decision from any of them.  I believe they do not have to reply by April 1.  They could decide to contact me in August if they choose to. 

Sending a nasty letter may give you an outlet for your anxiety & anger, and would definitely result in a negative reaction from the schools.  There is absolutely no reason in the world to do this to yourself. 

Be patient & cope with the stress in a constructive manner.  I understand your pain because a lot of us here are in the same boat.

Best of luck to you.

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 05:51:57 PM »
Sending a nasty letter may give you an outlet for your anxiety & anger, and would definitely result in a negative reaction from the schools.  There is absolutely no reason in the world to do this to yourself.

In other words, female dog and moan here, where nobody knows who you are.  ;D

apartment

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 07:19:16 PM »
I do know they can keep me waiting until August, but only if they waitlist me.  Otherwise there is at least an implicit promise that they will render a decision of some sort before the deposit is due.  My problem is that this is one of the schools that does not explicitly state that some decision will be rendered on all RD files by April 1st.  (A lot of schools do this so you know you won't be hanging forever.)

But I know your advice is sound.  I'll stick it out a few weeks longer.  (My deposit is already in somewhere else.  I'm just annoyed that I paid these people to give my file some serious consideration.  It was not meant as a donation.  If they can't get the job done on time, they ought to return the money.)

dunnolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 04:33:03 AM »
USC says they send out acceptances through May.  That's crazy.