Law School Discussion

Games easier from 2006 tests till now?

Games easier from 2006 tests till now?
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
My brain hurts from studying and I am too lazy to search... but have the games gotten much easier, reading much harder, and logical reasoning the same in recent years/tests.... ?

Re: Games easier from 2006 tests till now?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 05:17:19 PM »
My brain hurts from studying and I am too lazy to search... but have the games gotten much easier, reading much harder, and logical reasoning the same in recent years/tests.... ?
Your notion seems to fall in line with the December test, but do not be fooled. You could get one of those rare games or something. Haha, NOT.

Sorry, I have been wanting to use this Borat not-joke for a while.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
i took the september 06 test and got a game that struck me as ridiculously difficult...i'm strong at games, but i just could not get this one (some of that might have been stress).  then sure enough, the december 06 test was 100% sequencing, if i remember correctly.  ridiculously super-easy.

the bottom line is exactly what Jeffort said - you've just gotta do your best with the test they give you.  and in any case, it doesn't hurt to cut your teeth on harder games than you'll end up with on the real thing  ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:31:21 PM »
I have been practicing on primarily older tests and just took a modern test and sailed through the games section missing only one.  On the older tests I was content with missing 4 and often missed more than that.  I am unsure if it the test just had an easy games section or what, but maybe my practice has paid off.  It was test 46.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »
LR has changed .  The older LSATs prep  2003 had the double questions.   Those could make your life easier or more difficult if you don't understand a question.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »
LR has changed .  The older LSATs prep  2003 had the double questions.   Those could make your life easier or more difficult if you don't understand a question.

True, they stopped offering two questions based on the same stimulus, but that is a really minor change that doesn't change a thing about difficulty of questions/question types/the stuff you are tested about/etc.

Other than that, the only other noticeable change I have seen is less off the wall 'one of a kind' bizzaro Q's and more super predictable questions with the same old structures/flaws/constructions/etc.   Hence, it seems to be more consistent and more predictable than previously.  That is a GOOD thing. 

"Ahh, another argument that presents a correlation and concludes causation." etc.

Don't say that unless you're monitoring the IPs and see no visits from LSAC.. We don't want to piss them off before Saturday, do we? :P

TwinkyBean

• It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 08:45:15 PM »
I though the June '07 games were pretty easy... but the Sept. ones were a bit more difficult. I guess you never know!

armada

• I have people to go and places to see!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

True, they stopped offering two questions based on the same stimulus, but that is a really minor change that doesn't change a thing about difficulty of questions/question types/the stuff you are tested about/etc.

Other than that, the only other noticeable change I have seen is less off the wall 'one of a kind' bizzaro Q's and more super predictable questions with the same old structures/flaws/constructions/etc.   Hence, it seems to be more consistent and more predictable than previously.  That is a GOOD thing. 

"Ahh, another argument that presents a correlation and concludes causation." etc.

Don't say that unless you're monitoring the IPs and see no visits from LSAC.. We don't want to piss them off before Saturday, do we? :P

ha ha,

Don't worry, the last time it seems that the head of test security was on was January 8th (I'm serious)

But come Saturday, they WILL BE on looking around for post mortems, and many emails will go back and forth between them and discussion site admins and moderators,  have no doubt about that! 

God knows I won't be setting foot (or is it eyes?) on this website for a few days after that exam  on saturday.  I need a break from all things LSAT related.