Law School Discussion

BU Law taking questions

Re: BU Law taking questions
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »
When I visited Boston, I really enjoyed my visit to BU but BC wasn't that great for me.  The admissions people were much more friendly at BU.  Of course, it also took me over an hour to take the T from BU's campus to BC then shuttle to the law campus.  I ended up applying to BU and not BC.

thanks, thats reassuring. i don't need a real collegial atmosphere, so im not regretting not applying to BC for that reason.  its the placement that worries me.

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »
No use in wondering *now* what you should have done.  BU and BC job prospects are largely similar, though people squabble about this.

I agree with this. If you haven't applied, then there is no use wondering "what if". 

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
Bump

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »
Bump
I will have many questions for you a little bit later, Bosox!

For now, what's the cheapest place for me to stay for the ASD night?

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 06:47:33 AM »
Bump
I will have many questions for you a little bit later, Bosox!

For now, what's the cheapest place for me to stay for the ASD night?

There are a number of hotels in the area. The cheaper hotels require a car though, as the Boston area around BU is pretty expensive, even for one night

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »
Thanks for taking these questions, Bosox! I'm new to the board; just found myself trying to decide between BU and some similarly ranked schools. My question is, what is BU's strength in terms of judicial internships? I'm interested in clerking for a judge someday, and definitely in working for one at some point in law school. Can you speak to this at all? What kind of courts/judges do students usually get internships or jobs at through BU? Are they limited to the Massachusetts court system or can they go into other states? If so, is it difficult to say break into the NY or DC court system?

And for everyone else out there, if anyone has any thoughts on whether BU or GW has better opportunities for judicial clerkships, I'd appreciate it, even though I think I already know the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 01:03:51 PM »
Thanks for taking these questions, Bosox! I'm new to the board; just found myself trying to decide between BU and some similarly ranked schools. My question is, what is BU's strength in terms of judicial internships? I'm interested in clerking for a judge someday, and definitely in working for one at some point in law school. Can you speak to this at all? What kind of courts/judges do students usually get internships or jobs at through BU? Are they limited to the Massachusetts court system or can they go into other states? If so, is it difficult to say break into the NY or DC court system?

And for everyone else out there, if anyone has any thoughts on whether BU or GW has better opportunities for judicial clerkships, I'd appreciate it, even though I think I already know the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quetion. We do well at the local state courts for clerkships. The federal court positions are mostly dominated by the top law schools in the 1st circuit. Harvard, T14 and BC seem to take most of the positions at the top clerkship positions. (As for me, I tried to get a spot, but was denied. I got two interviews when I was applying, but didnt get an offer. May not have been because of my school though).

As for jobs, GW and BU do very well in their respective markets. Either will get you a BigLaw job as long as you are in the top third. We do well generally, which is all you can ask for from a 20-30 school. :)

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »

Thanks in advance!

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
Taking Questions this week.

Bosox

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »
bump