Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BU Law taking questions  (Read 11611 times)

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BU Law taking questions
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »
Do you suggest living on or off campus?

Bosox

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
Do you suggest living on or off campus?

If you're at BU or BC, shoot for the Brighton/Allston area.

If you're at Harvard, I would go for Somerville or cambridge

If you're at NEU, I would shoot for the south end (one of my favorite areas).

I do not suggest you live on-campus. Not only is our campus pretty horendous, the school housing can be a rip compared to what you can get locally. Of course, Boston is oe of the most expensive cities in the country.

ccllnd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
Do you know anywhere in allston/brighton that's a little off the student ghetto path?  also, any idea on commuting in from Jamaica Plain?   

Bosox

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 10:59:13 AM »
Do you know anywhere in allston/brighton that's a little off the student ghetto path?  also, any idea on commuting in from Jamaica Plain?   

Student Ghetto pretty much defines the entire city. I think the nicer areas are in the South End. Somerville is pretty nice as well. More suburban. But with something like 6 of the top 100 universities in the country centered in Boston, you are going to have a hard time finding a place away from the students.

Bosox

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

Available to answer any more questions this week.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »

Available to answer any more questions this week.

Did you receive a scholarship there?  I received a scholarship, and the only requirement is that I stay in good "academic standing."  What does that exactly entail(if you know)?

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
This question might be a little silly, but I got an -email regarding the upcoming ASD, and I was wondering what I should wear?

Also, I got a scholarship offer from BU, how likely is BU to raise their offer if I bargain?

Lastly, many of the schools that I got into have receptions and events of similar nature yet BU doesn't have them, do you think this is reflective of the school's student body? So far, th message I'm getting is that they offer a godo education, but that is all they do.

Bosox

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »
This question might be a little silly, but I got an -email regarding the upcoming ASD, and I was wondering what I should wear?

Also, I got a scholarship offer from BU, how likely is BU to raise their offer if I bargain?

Lastly, many of the schools that I got into have receptions and events of similar nature yet BU doesn't have them, do you think this is reflective of the school's student body? So far, th message I'm getting is that they offer a godo education, but that is all they do.

BU may increase your scholarship if you ask, but I am not sure what our policy is.
BU definitely offers a good education, but, as I have said in the past, we aren't as much of a collegial school as others in our category. We are very business oriented. People usually have their own lives outside of school, which is actually kind of nice.

daysofconfusion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »
I applied to BU and not BC.  i wanted to have a new england option, and i didnt know much about either school and chose the higher ranked school (ridiculous to choose a school based on rankings, i know).  which school places better nationally, BU or BC?  did i make a mistake by not applying to BC?

kev199

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »
When I visited Boston, I really enjoyed my visit to BU but BC wasn't that great for me.  The admissions people were much more friendly at BU.  Of course, it also took me over an hour to take the T from BU's campus to BC then shuttle to the law campus.  I ended up applying to BU and not BC.
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!