Law School Discussion

Decision at Michigan!

Czar

Re: Decision at Michigan!
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2008, 07:34:03 AM »
LoveButton, Michigan has typically not been like that. If the student is accepted, they are able to view the acceptance package that was sent to their address.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's a rejection. Just tried to log in with my info and here's what it says:

According to our records, you have declined our offer of admissions. If you believe our records are in error, please contact us immediately at law.jd.admissions@umich.edu and we'll work it out!

Yeah, that's a rejection, sorry.  Michigan is a TTT anyway.  I sure you will have great other options.

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2008, 07:47:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's a rejection. Just tried to log in with my info and here's what it says:

According to our records, you have declined our offer of admissions. If you believe our records are in error, please contact us immediately at law.jd.admissions@umich.edu and we'll work it out!

Yeah, that's a rejection, sorry.  Michigan is a TTT anyway.  I sure you will have great other options.

Yeah, hopefully I can finagle Cornell. I want to try to manage a HLS transfer after 1L anyway.

Yak Herder

• University of Washington 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2008, 07:49:41 AM »

Not enough to keep you from applying there, if your sig is to be believed.

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:15 AM »
LoveButton, Michigan has typically not been like that. If the student is accepted, they are able to view the acceptance package that was sent to their address.

ahh, okay.  /hope.

Yeah, hopefully I can finagle Cornell. I want to try to manage a HLS transfer after 1L anyway.

gawd, i hate this attitude.

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »

Yeah, I get that a lot. UMich/Boalt are my top choice schools, and I can't get into either of them (well, I haven't heard from Boalt yet). I genuinely screwed the pooch on the LSAT though. :(

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »
Just switched to decision today.  It is more like decision at UMN...  If Michigan is out, which is probably the case, then I can pretty much send UMN a check...  If by some miracle of God that Michigan is in, then I have a tough choice...

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2008, 08:53:19 AM »

::)

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have great acceptances to schools they are actually excited to attend.

I used to like UMich, but then when I realized that I am going to be the only Black male there that didn't get any scholarship money.  So, they probably don't really want me there.

Yeah, I feel you on this.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up at UMich or UVa.  I'm
gonna work my butt off to try to get up to NYU or Columbia.  Both take a lot of transfers, so I hope that will help me out.

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »
I think LoveButton doesn't like that attitude because people who have already gotten into Top 14 schools are actually disappointed and feel that they actually need to transfer to Harvard or Columbia when they should be really happy and proud that they got into a T14 in the first place. (Could be wrong)

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

::)

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have great acceptances to schools they are actually excited to attend.

I used to like UMich, but then when I realized that I am going to be the only Black male there that didn't get any scholarship money.  So, they probably don't really want me there.

Yeah, I feel you on this.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up at UMich or UVa.  I'm
gonna work my butt off to try to get up to NYU or Columbia.  Both take a lot of transfers, so I hope that will help me out.

Obviously, do whatever makes you happy - but I really don't see the point of going through the hassle to transfer from a Mich or UVA to NYU/Col.  You have opportunities to work nationally in all of these schools (and especially New York).  The way I see it, the only way it's worth transferring from a Mich or UVA (or any of the T14 to somewhere else, for that matter), is for H, Y of S (and that's even debatable).  Those three give you a prestige bump, if little else - if you're into that.