Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AA bump for Dem Pres. candidate in general election?  (Read 1388 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
AA bump for Dem Pres. candidate in general election?
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
Since Hillary is a woman and Barack is black (and all of the potential republican candidates are white men), will a certain number of electoral college votes be automatically taken away from the the Repub. candidate and given to the Dem.? 

Free Radical

• View Profile
Re: AA bump for Dem Pres. candidate in general election?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:20:56 AM »
Only if the Supreme Court steps in...but last time they did that they favored the Republican candidate, so I wouldn't get my panties all tied up in a bunch.

PABitz

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: AA bump for Dem Pres. candidate in general election?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »
No. In fact, I've heard talk in the legal community that the Supreme Court has responded to a challenge brought by the RNC by stating that any voter using a candidate's race, gender, or religion as a factor in their choice will be deemed to have deprived both the opposing candidate and the nation as a whole of its right to a fair election. Since voter intentions are impossible to pin down, the implementation of this ruling will be that any woman voting for Clinton, African-American voting for Obama, or Caucasian male voting for any republican candidate shall have their vote stripped and felony election-tampering charges brought against them. Pollsters and legal experts nationwide are still struggling to determine what effect this change will have on the outcome in November.
Attending: Y

In: Y, CCN, VDG, UCLA
Out:
WL: H, M

LSAT: 172
UGPA: 3.87
Soft Factors / Essays: Um... apparently better than I originally thought