Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances and luck  (Read 941 times)

mira_j

• View Profile
Chances and luck
« on: March 19, 2004, 03:10:21 PM »
I did not do very well on the LSAT (as a matter of fact, I did horrible),but I decided that I will apply to see what happens. The LSAT was my first stand. test in the United States and in my life (I am from Bulgaria), so I guess it was not exactly what I expected. Anyways, I came to America 4 years ago (I barely spoke English), and right know I am getting my B.A. in Business. My GPA is 3.7, and for the past five semesters I had 4.0. To make the long story short, after looking at the data on the www.lsac.org about # of applicants, a# of admitted to particular schools etc, I thought that I have a better chance at top schools rather than Tier 4. I applied to Berkeley, USF, USD...for example in 2002/2003 27 people applied with my stats at Berkeley and 1 was admitted. That gives me hope because it could be me!!!
I was a law student in Bulgaria but I hated it because the education system over there is in complete chaos after communism ended, the professors are corrupted and it simply SUCKS!26,000 people applied and they accepted 100 women.
I really hope US law schools are better because if I get dissapointed again, I don't think I can take it :'( :'( :'(
So far I haven't heard anything from the schools that I applied to. I sent my apps in mid-January, I went complete in the beginning of February, so...who knows

Dum spiro spero
(As long as I breathe, I hope)
Oh, I learned 6 languages in Bulgaria (3 of them are dead languages, but..it still counts hehehehe)

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Chances and luck
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 03:19:19 PM »
Good Luck to you!!  ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Enzyme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 12:10:07 AM »
Your bulgaria law school story may be (probably was) good for your personal statement on overcoming adversity, etc.

Good luck

I did not do very well on the LSAT (as a matter of fact, I did horrible),but I decided that I will apply to see what happens. The LSAT was my first stand. test in the United States and in my life (I am from Bulgaria), so I guess it was not exactly what I expected. Anyways, I came to America 4 years ago (I barely spoke English), and right know I am getting my B.A. in Business. My GPA is 3.7, and for the past five semesters I had 4.0. To make the long story short, after looking at the data on the www.lsac.org about # of applicants, a# of admitted to particular schools etc, I thought that I have a better chance at top schools rather than Tier 4. I applied to Berkeley, USF, USD...for example in 2002/2003 27 people applied with my stats at Berkeley and 1 was admitted. That gives me hope because it could be me!!!
I was a law student in Bulgaria but I hated it because the education system over there is in complete chaos after communism ended, the professors are corrupted and it simply SUCKS!26,000 people applied and they accepted 100 women.
I really hope US law schools are better because if I get dissapointed again, I don't think I can take it :'( :'( :'(
So far I haven't heard anything from the schools that I applied to. I sent my apps in mid-January, I went complete in the beginning of February, so...who knows

Dum spiro spero
(As long as I breathe, I hope)
Oh, I learned 6 languages in Bulgaria (3 of them are dead languages, but..it still counts hehehehe)

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 12:29:10 AM »
Your diverse ethnic and cultural background will help you at Berkeley.  I am Russian and got in with a 157/3.9.  If your personal statement is strong, I would say you have a decent chance there.

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 04:29:04 AM »
I did not do very well on the LSAT (as a matter of fact, I did horrible),but I decided that I will apply to see what happens.

Can we ask what your LSAT numbers were?

Karen W.