Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Baylor $$!  (Read 4702 times)

Brain Age

• View Profile
Accepted at Baylor $$!
« on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »
IN at Baylor with a half-tuition scholarship (~$46,000 over 3 years)!! Any other recent admits??

1rakayla

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at Baylor $$!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
I just got the email. Full scholarship!!!  ;D

roxybear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »
i got in too!! with 1/2 scholarship also...first acceptance so i was really excited
: ) Emory, Baylor($$), Hofstra($$$), Chapman($$$$), Loyola Chicago ($$), Temple ($$), Pepperdine ($$$), Chicago-Kent ($$$), Loyola ($$$), Cardozo ($$), Wake Forest, HASTINGS!!
: / Fordham, CU, W&L
: ( GM, GULC

165/3.3

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=roxybear

Brain Age

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
Congrats, guys! Either of y'all going to the Visitation Days?

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »
IN at Baylor with a half-tuition scholarship (~$46,000 over 3 years)!! Any other recent admits??

Congrats! Baylor is a very good school, although they give tons of work to 1L's. Legal boot camp  :)
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
I've also been accepted with a full scholarship. Was excited at first, but not so much after hearing about how hard it is at the school. I'd be worried about losing the scholarship somehow. And placement-wise, it doesn't seem to have a strong BIGLAW track-record. Nonetheless, a great school, if you want to be in Texas. Too bad, i'm from California. I'll definitely be considering it if I don't get into any of my reach schools.

Anyone else considering going? I think this could be great thread to research and figure out if this would be a good option for us. How can they afford to give away so much money?

jawilliamson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 11:18:21 AM »
I applied on the 18th of January and received an acceptance e-mail with a full scholarship only a week later. 

I had not really considered Baylor before the fee waiver but now they have got my attention.  I know that their GPA is very stringent and that some students have been known to rip pages out of books to get ahead.  The e-mail stated I must maintain a 2.60, Even with a harsh GPA it wouldn't be that bad would it. 

I guess the main reason I am considering it is that I wouldn't mind practicing in Texas.
UVA Law Class of 2011 !!!
GPA 4.0
Dec LSAT 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jawilliamson

NewGirl2007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:42 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know how tough it would be to maintain a 2.6 GPA every semester at Baylor?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »
Just a quick question...

Does it say 2.6 GPA requirement in the email you guys got? Because I re-read my email and it said 2.0 GPA requirement (although they also said that would be top half of the class, which makes no sense to me). I'm assuming that they made a typo in my email...

jawilliamson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
Just a quick question...

Does it say 2.6 GPA requirement in the email you guys got? Because I re-read my email and it said 2.0 GPA requirement (although they also said that would be top half of the class, which makes no sense to me). I'm assuming that they made a typo in my email...

It states the same thing in my e-mail about 2.6 being the top half of the class in my e-mail.  It might be a typo.  You can always call and ask!  ;D   If 2.0 is the top half of the class then we could all be in some trouble lol
UVA Law Class of 2011 !!!
GPA 4.0
Dec LSAT 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jawilliamson