Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC, what's happening to thee?  (Read 563 times)

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
USC, what's happening to thee?
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »
They admitted a bunch of applicants with numbers above their medians and we haven't heard from USC since then.  When do you think they will start admitting/rejecting their median applicants.

Meadow Soprano

• View Profile
Re: USC, what's happening to thee?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. Get to work adcomm!
Existence is Identity, Consciousness is Identification.

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »
Sorry guys, probably should have made this notice sooner. USC is holding off on announcing any more decisions until they get my Feb LSAT scores. With any luck I will score this time at the level I'm scoring on my practice tests. With a 170+, they'll be able to admit me and then of course attend to everyone else who has sent in applications. :) This is one possible scenario, but more than likely the admissions office is too busy forwarding along my application and laughing at my poor attempt to get into their school. Time will tell. Going to see USC Volleyball play tonight, the coach once was recruiting me hard to go there for undergrad, if only he has some pull with the law school! Doah!

In all seriousness I don't mind them waiting a while on decisions so that I can get them an improved LSAT.  I just wish i could hear back from Loyola and Hastings with an acceptance or two!

G'luck though to all applicants.

J_

• Sr. Citizen
  • YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
Drew, we should become eFriends.  We're applying to a lot of the same schools.

I'm in the same boat, but I've never gotten them to say they'll accept February, only to say if a decision is already been made (including Waitlist) they will not accept any new info to your file.  :\

Oh, and I haven't gone complete, at least I havent received an email to that effect.  I applied back in Dec...  Should I be worried that people who applied later than me have gone complete and I haven't?  :|
LLS '11

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
Hmm, I put in my application that I was planning to take the Feb LSAT, so I assume (perhaps incorrectly?) that they'll wait until the scores come in for that.  I have very strong soft factors, including being the lead on a year long housing study my company was hired to do for USC (though USC is keeping it internal rather than releasing it to the public as promised. I'm a fan of USC academically, though after this housing study experience, I'm not a huge fan of their administration).

Any thought whether i should send a specific email to them reminding them that I am taking the Feb LSAT and that it would be best for them to wait until the scores come out before reviewing my application? As mentioned, when they asked when i took/will take the LSAT, i listed 2/2/08, so I'm worried an email reminding them might come across as pushy or unprofessional. Thoughts?

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not creepy, it's kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
Any thought whether i should send a specific email to them reminding them that I am taking the Feb LSAT and that it would be best for them to wait until the scores come out before reviewing my application? As mentioned, when they asked when i took/will take the LSAT, i listed 2/2/08, so I'm worried an email reminding them might come across as pushy or unprofessional. Thoughts?

Did you get an email about being complete yet?  They might need a reminder.  I was in a similar situation with the December test.  I had applied in November and indicated on my application that I was taking the December test (a retake).  They emailed me in mid-december before I got the new score telling me I was complete and my application was going to review.  I contacted them right away and mentioned the December test, they seemed to have no idea that I was retaking.  it didn't seem to be a big deal to have them hold it.  They were very nice about it. 
University of Washington 2011

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
J, realized i didn't respond to your last question. I too haven't gone complete. I got an email from a member of the admissions staff saying that they received my application.  I decided to send them my resume to add to my application, but have never received any email about going complete.  If i don't hear anything by mid-Feb or when I get my LSAT scores back, i will follow up with them.

PM me your LSN profile if you have one, i'm curious

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
::checks watch::

::taps foot::

::reconsiders::

::smiles obsequiously::

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »
Boyce, having a computer at work while waiting/stressing about applications is a dangerous thing! ;)