Law School Discussion

University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall) Class of 2011

qmmm

• View Profile
I was hoping to do a super long day and get down the big sur stretch but dh nixed the idea. Probably good. So yes, now the idea is down to santa cruz and monterey. Low cost ideas are appreciated. We'd like to see redwoods since we never have. There's some state parks down that way?

It's the opposite direction, but Muir Woods is only a 30-45 drive north of Berkeley into Marin County (which has it's own charms).

http://www.nps.gov/muwo/

Hi  :D

Hey, Goalie.  :)

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
I was hoping to do a super long day and get down the big sur stretch but dh nixed the idea. Probably good. So yes, now the idea is down to santa cruz and monterey. Low cost ideas are appreciated. We'd like to see redwoods since we never have. There's some state parks down that way?

It's the opposite direction, but Muir Woods is only a 30-45 drive north of Berkeley into Marin County (which has it's own charms).

http://www.nps.gov/muwo/

Hi  :D

Hey, Goalie.  :)

How's the brief going? Or was yours due last week?

ETA: Sorry, I shouldn't thread-jack  :-[ You admits talk amongst yourselves...

qmmm

• View Profile

It's due tomorrow, but I'm obviously slavishly working on it.  ;)

Actually, since I didn't go anywhere, I spent some quality time writing `the plain and unambiguous' language over and over and over and over....

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile

::::non-admit quietly slinks away:::: sigh, maybe someday....

goaliechica

• View Profile

Actually, since I didn't go anywhere, I spent some quality time writing `the plain and unambiguous' language over and over and over and over....

:D

Yeah, strangely enough, I was not super-compelled to work on my brief over the break. I'm sort of tempted to turn it in as is and just hope for the best...

goaliechica

• View Profile

Don't be silly! You obviously have the inside information on touring around NorCal. 

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile

Don't be silly! You obviously have the inside information on touring around NorCal. 

That may be true, but I have to wallow in my non-worthiness at least once a day...  :P

GOB

Yeah, strangely enough, I was not super-compelled to work on my brief over the break. I'm sort of tempted to turn it in as is and just hope for the best...

Ahh, the days of WOA.  When are your oral arguments?

goaliechica

• View Profile

Two weeks from Wednesday. So a while yet. I think it will be kind of fun, although I haven't done any public speaking since....uh..... maybe never?

GOB

Two weeks from Wednesday. So a while yet. I think it will be kind of fun, although I haven't done any public speaking since....uh..... maybe never?

I hadn't done any public speaking either and I was a little nervous initially.  However, once the "judge" starts asking questions, you get into the flow of things.  With all of the questions, it goes by very quickly, so focus on your best arguments and have general answers prepared for potential questions about the weakest parts of your argument.  I only spent a few hours preparing and I felt ok.  You spend so much time on your brief that you know the arguments on both sides really well by the time oral arguments come around.