Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferred at Northwestern  (Read 543 times)

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Deferred at Northwestern
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:25:38 AM »
Just heard via email/status checker today. It's ok though. I really liked the school's philosophy and wrote an essay addressing the fact that I didn't have work experience. Oh well.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deferred at Northwestern
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »
you have so many other FANTASTIC options, just shrug this one off! And it's only a deferral, good news can come later. keep that awesome cycle going.  :)
seeing king midas everywhere.

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »
thanks :) I like options, but i'm getting really excited about UVA/Penn/Chicago etc (especially UVA with some sort of scholarship), so that's good...

For me, money talks, so I can't say I wasn't disappointed that Northwestern wasn't letting me in with one of those deferred 135,000 scholarships, but I'll just try harder at my other schools :)

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:14:06 AM »
thanks :) I like options, but i'm getting really excited about UVA/Penn/Chicago etc (especially UVA with some sort of scholarship), so that's good...

For me, money talks, so I can't say I wasn't disappointed that Northwestern wasn't letting me in with one of those deferred 135,000 scholarships, but I'll just try harder at my other schools :)

I got it today too, also applied due to that scholarship.  I figured I had a terrible chance at it, but with a FW, didn't have much to lose.

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 03:32:31 AM »

I got it today too, also applied due to that scholarship.  I figured I had a terrible chance at it, but with a FW, didn't have much to lose.

Well we are almost numbers twins and I think are going to be picking between some similar schools. Did you get dean's scholarship at uva?

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 04:24:28 AM »

Well we are almost numbers twins and I think are going to be picking between some similar schools. Did you get dean's scholarship at uva?

Nope.  But I think you're right about schools; best of luck on those last few.

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 04:31:45 AM »

Nope.  But I think you're right about schools; best of luck on those last few.

I'm sure you'll get money, and you're in at least! I think I'll be waiting a while/borderline for Chicago/Columbia, out at Harvard/Stanford. That's all I got left, I think.