Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: do i really need to drink more water?  (Read 724 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
do i really need to drink more water?
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:25:47 PM »
i don't understand how some people drink water all day. i've tried the whole, take your water bottle around with you everywhere tactic, but it just seems weird and unnatural to sip on water when im not even thirsty.  i drink coffee in the morning, soda and maybe some water at lunch, and sparkling water at dinner. i definitely do not get anywhere near the "recommended 8+ glasses of water" everyday. but if i eat lots of fruit, veggies & salads, do i really still need to be drinking this much additional water?
seeing king midas everywhere.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: do i really need to drink more water?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
LOLZ @ "water lobby"

But it is a myth.  You don't need the recommended amount of water per day.  Your needs will vary depending on how active you are each day.  If you're peeing clear, you're drinking enough water. 

Well, generally. 
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:51:54 PM »
LOLZ @ "water lobby"

But it is a myth.  You don't need the recommended amount of water per day.  Your needs will vary depending on how active you are each day.  If you're peeing clear, you're drinking enough water. 

Well, generally. 

You know, a guy on NPR said the same thing the other day. That the whole 8 glasses a day thing was totally made up. I was intrigued.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
LOLZ @ "water lobby"

Well, generally. 

You know, a guy on NPR said the same thing the other day. That the whole 8 glasses a day thing was totally made up. I was intrigued.

Just like most nutritional guidelines, it's a safe suggestion.  If you drink 8 glasses of water a day, you'll generally stay hydrated, but you certainly don't NEED to.  Just like you don't NEED to eat a certain amount out of each nutritional category each day. 
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
HA HA HA have you ever seen the movie thank-you for smoking? Well they are going to come out with Thank-you for Drinking (water).

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »
well even if i tried, i couldnt drink too much water in one sitting. it makes me feel so full!!

on a side note, i saw this "true life" on mtv once about competitive eaters, and the guy ate 10 pounds of iceberg lettuce in one sitting. ughhhh.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »
a troll with 847 post? that's dedication

ModernMo

• In the 24th year
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
You just need to drink enough to keep your pee nice and clear or barely yellow.  Personally, I drink almost nothing but water.  Sometimes, I'll have a soda or a milkshake (and sometimes I drink apple juice in the morning), but otherwise it's just H20.  I didn't like the taste of water at first, but I made myself drink it, and now I don't really like much else.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
You just need to drink enough to keep your pee nice and clear or barely yellow.  Personally, I drink almost nothing but water.  Sometimes, I'll have a soda or a milkshake (and sometimes I drink apple juice in the morning), but otherwise it's just H20.  I didn't like the taste of water at first, but I made myself drink it, and now I don't really like much else.

lol, it's the lack thereof that bothers me!!!

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:20 PM »
well even if i tried, i couldnt drink too much water in one sitting. it makes me feel so full!!

on a side note, i saw this "true life" on mtv once about competitive eaters, and the guy ate 10 pounds of iceberg lettuce in one sitting. ughhhh.

I'm pretty convinced you're not a real person.

lol, what do i have to do to prove that i am! other than the recurring FB issue, of course...