Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Wait List  (Read 4145 times)

sweett

• View Profile
Vanderbilt Wait List
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:18:56 PM »
just got waitlisted and was wondering if anyone knows more about the process?  how/do they rank applicants? do you have to wait until may to find out anything? do i actually have a chance of getting in off the list? etc...thanks!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Vanderbilt Wait List
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
If you posted your stats, people would probably have a better way to guess at your chances.  You could also compare your figures to the few who were accepted from the wait list and who posted to LSN.  I would think that they rank applicants primarily by LSAT and GPA.

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
just got waitlisted and was wondering if anyone knows more about the process?  how/do they rank applicants? do you have to wait until may to find out anything? do i actually have a chance of getting in off the list? etc...thanks!

when did you find out? how did they notify you?

sweett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
small envelope in the mail

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PM+me+to+get+it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:33 AM »
post your stats, OP. telling us you're waitlisted is completely worthless otherwise. why even inform us?

sweett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
i've applied with a 160/3.7, and i think my soft factors may have contributed to my being waitlisted.  as far as evaluating individual chances, unless you're an admissions counselor at vandy, i'm not too interested in reading speculation, but instead i am more interested in hearing from someone who has gone through or knows about the waitlist at vanderbilt, for example- how many candidates are on the list, how many do they typically take off, since they do not rank candidates, what factors help them decide? things like that...   

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
They will start pulling from the WL after April 15th.
Vandy 1L... really?

LifesaBitch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »
i've applied with a 160/3.7, and i think my soft factors may have contributed to my being waitlisted.  as far as evaluating individual chances, unless you're an admissions counselor at vandy, i'm not too interested in reading speculation, but instead i am more interested in hearing from someone who has gone through or knows about the waitlist at vanderbilt, for example- how many candidates are on the list, how many do they typically take off, since they do not rank candidates, what factors help them decide? things like that...   

The number of people on WL depend on the school, not sure with Vandy.

The greatest thing you can do to help your chance now is by writing them a letter explaining why you are still interested in Vandy and explain any progress you have made since you submitted the application (any new honors, awards, etc...)  If Vandy is your #1 choice, be sure to make this impression in your letter as well.

Good luck!
Northwestern - Class of 2011!

jawilliamson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 05:29:06 PM »
well I'm joining the Vandy waitlist board... Just kinda bummed right now...
UVA Law Class of 2011 !!!
GPA 4.0
Dec LSAT 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jawilliamson

tanisham

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »
I just wanted to wish y'all luck getting off the waitlist.  I am privileged to be attending Vanderbilt this Fall and would love to have all of you join me.