Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted to Saint Louis University  (Read 3490 times)

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted to Saint Louis University
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 09:53:32 PM »
Was accepted to SLU earlier this week, turned in my 1843 Scholarship Essay for full tuition scholarship. Still not sure how I feel about SLU, probably going to go to the March visit day for sure. Waiting to hear on my Tulane Scholarship.

Congrats and good luck with the 1843 competition.

kevinpepperdine

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:19 PM »
Upgrade,

I fully agree that it is very difficult to gauge the job opportunities outside of the top 20.  I am not as interested in BIGLAW, not because I am resigning myself to a mid-sized firm, but because I would like to have some form of life outside of work.  Unfortunately all we can do is speculate, since I could end up at the top of my class or at the bottom, though I would think (a little biased maybe) that the former is more likely than the latter, but again who knows.  I figure I am not really going to have much of a choice since I bombed the LSAT (did not want to take a year off to score higher, but maybe should have) and am not really competitive at T20 schools. 

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »
I received my scholarship info... $18,000 per year!  That's more than I expected and definitely makes me think.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »
I received my scholarship info... $18,000 per year!  That's more than I expected and definitely makes me think.
Congrats!  However, your LSN profile shows that you have already withdrawn from SLU.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 12:48:28 PM »
Congrats!  However, your LSN profile shows that you have already withdrawn from SLU.

I actually have not formally withdrawn.  I didn't think I was getting any money so that was to signify that I probably would.