Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PA or TX Schools? 158 LSAT/3.84GPA  (Read 1423 times)

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: PA or TX Schools? 158 LSAT/3.84GPA
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »
You'd probably get a scholarship from Penn State. They're actively trying to expand their geographic diversity, so being from TX would make you pretty desireable. Penn State's not really in the Philly area though - the Carlisle campus is a good 2 hours away (not sure how close you want to be, but it's definitely too far away to live with your BF in Philly if that's your plan).

mm1405

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 06:43:29 PM »
Is there a way to search these  postings for particular state schools? to avoid asking something thats already been answered? I'm not from PA... with my 158/3.84, where should I apply - I dont want to spend a ton of money applying to all b/c I'm not even sure Ill move up there... but I'dlike to get in to the best possible to leave that option open...

Rutgers Newark
Rugers Camden
Temple
Villanova
Penn State Dickinson

I know the rankings statistically, but what about reputation in that area?
158/3.84, Master's Degree, Paralegal for 1 year

IN: Baylor (Spring 09), Penn State Dickinson,
OUT: UT
WL/WD: Temple, Rutgers-Camden
Pending: Houston, SMU

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »
Depending on what you want to do as a lawyer, you might want to consider TX Tech or STCL for full scholarships. 

You might get a 1/2 tuition scholarship from Baylor, maybe $5K from Houston, but probably nothing substantial from SMU.

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »
Is there a way to search these  postings for particular state schools? to avoid asking something thats already been answered? I'm not from PA... with my 158/3.84, where should I apply - I dont want to spend a ton of money applying to all b/c I'm not even sure Ill move up there... but I'dlike to get in to the best possible to leave that option open...

Rutgers Newark
Rugers Camden
Temple
Villanova
Penn State Dickinson

I would say that Temple has the best reputation in the Philadelphia area, and probably offers the best local connections.  Once you leave the Philly region, I'm not so sure.
Temple University Beasley School of Law 2011

you fine american.

Final record: 5-1-4

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »

Rutgers Newark
Rugers Camden
Temple
Villanova
Penn State Dickinson

I'm pretty sure that Temple and Villanova would be a stretch for you getting in--their medians are 163 and 162, respectively.

As aslaw said, you have a decent shot of getting a scholarship from PSU.

Now, if you like Philly, Temple's probably the best bet.  As another stated, it probably has the best local connections (outside of Penn), and it's cheap for in-state tuition (although I've heard it's hard to get in-state tuition in PA).