Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: debate a big waste of time?!  (Read 584 times)

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
debate a big waste of time?!
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:33:12 PM »
Well, according to today's poll, last night's debate had little or no effect on how people are going to vote... after everyone hyped this up as one of the few things that could change everything... so, thoughts? I thought Bush seemed annoyed and cranky, while Kerry seemed arrogant... I'm not surprised about the poll results, though. Neither one of them said anything new, so why would anyone change their mind?

DESI

Re: debate a big waste of time?!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:37 PM »
Yes, they are.  WE can get all the news and information we need from the web.  A televised debate does absolutely nothing except to solidify our own votes - though last night's debate definitely made Bush look even more like the dumbass he is.

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 07:38:14 PM »
I thing Bush spoke badly, but I didn't like what Kerry said....I really thought it was a crappy debate, on the whole. I'm looking forward to the vp debates more. Not because they're very important, but because I think they'll be more entertaining

DESI

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 07:38:46 PM »
yea, Kerry was still a pretty big feminine hygiene product.

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 07:44:14 PM »
Last week, I heard someone says that up until recently, he thought these were the two worst candidates since 1976, but now he thinks they're the worst since 1776....that made me laugh. and get kinda depressed.

DOWNY

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 04:27:42 AM »
I always thought Bush was a terrible president because he is stupid, lied to the American public to embroil us in a devastating war we cannot possibly win, relies on the advice of a criminal vice president, is ruining the economy, is ruining the environment and is endangering security and emboldening terrorists.

Then I watched the debate and realized that he is actually great, because Kerry is a "flip-flopper"!

Bush said it, it must be true.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 11:45:06 PM »
I always thought Bush was a terrible president because he is stupid, lied to the American public to embroil us in a devastating war we cannot possibly win, relies on the advice of a criminal vice president, is ruining the economy, is ruining the environment and is endangering security and emboldening terrorists.

Then I watched the debate and realized that he is actually great, because Kerry is a "flip-flopper"!

Bush said it, it must be true.

well said.

angelita699

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 05:22:12 PM »
the debate only solidified what seems to be becoming more and more clear: this is going to be an election of the lesser of two evils. kerry flip-flopped b/c he has so many diff. people he needs to please: democrats, women, minorities, suburbia, veterans, swing voters. he spends so much time trying to address individual issues that in this soundbyte fueled "debate" (which was more like speech making), his points were hardly memorable. unfortunately, bush doesn't have the capacity to address said issues, and simply repeated his message over and over: kerry is a flip flopper. i hope the next debate brings something real to the table instead of dancing around the issues people want to know about.

DOWNY

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 10:54:31 PM »
DOWNY summarizes the debates:

Bush: You are a flip-flopper. We need steady leadership to handle the war.

Kerry: I was in Vietnam. I will be a good leader in the war.

That's all folks. Nothing else to see.