Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: URGENT WHAT LAW SCHOOLS ARE FOR ME 2.5 GPA / 140 LSAT SCORE HELP NEED ACCEPTANCE  (Read 35035 times)

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
This advice really isn't constructive, and I don't know the acceptance rates of the provisional ABA schools, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get in anywhere with a 140.  Sorry.  Others may have more constructive advice.  However, go to lawschoolnumbers.com; you might find some schools there.

Thanks so much for that link. I found some RIDICULOUS numbers in there. GWU accepted someone with a 1.72 GPA, also there was another school that REJECTED someone that ACED the LSAT. At the end of the day you just have to roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may. My GPA was 2.8 and I am taking the LSAT in Sep. I know if I can score at least a 151 I am in somewhere. (I hope)....I just dont understand why UDC isnt on that lawnumbers website.
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
See you at Michigan!

What the eff, Tetris? You can't go preaching that Cornell is your first choice and then just dump it by the wayside for the likes of UMich. Can you?   ???

I am surprised not to read a post that says something of the following...
"HI I dropped out of community college and got a 122 on the LSAT. What do I gotta do to get into an IVY LEAGUE LAW SCHOOL??"" LOL LOL
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
I am a prime example that you could have a low G.P.A. and test score but finish at the top of you class.

I can't believe I am getting involved in this thread, but I do have one thing to point out (assuming you are not a duplicate poster of the original flame, which is very possible). 

The quoted advice is both skewed and irrelevant.  First off, you can't have a low GPA and finish at the top of your class.  You could work to bring up your GPA... but then, you no longer have a low GPA.  The original poster gives every indication that they are done with school.  Therefore, they can not finish at the top of their class. 

Anyone who encourages this poster (again, on the EXTREMELY small chance that they aren't a flame) should realize that people like this lower the value of all law degrees.  Some people aren't made for law school- the influx of people going to law school who shouldn't be there is leading to an oversaturation of lawyers... this is bad for all of us, no matter what school we go to.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

The Harvard Guy

• View Profile
    • How To Get Into Harvard Law School
    • Email
There are a lot of schools that will take you. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I am a prime example that you could have a low G.P.A. and test score but finish at the top of you class.

I can't believe I am getting involved in this thread, but I do have one thing to point out (assuming you are not a duplicate poster of the original flame, which is very possible). 

The quoted advice is both skewed and irrelevant.  First off, you can't have a low GPA and finish at the top of your class.  You could work to bring up your GPA... but then, you no longer have a low GPA.  The original poster gives every indication that they are done with school.  Therefore, they can not finish at the top of their class. 

smcphee meant that you could have a low undergraduate GPA and end up at the top of your class in law school.  Which is both true and altogether relevant to the career prospects of applicants with low entry credentials (if not to their chances of admission).

Anyone who encourages this poster (again, on the EXTREMELY small chance that they aren't a flame) should realize that people like this lower the value of all law degrees.  Some people aren't made for law school- the influx of people going to law school who shouldn't be there is leading to an oversaturation of lawyers... this is bad for all of us, no matter what school we go to.

Obviously, the OP is flame.  That said, there's no reason that someone with low entry credentials cheapens your degree any more than someone with high entry credentials does.  Indeed, most of people with low entry credentials who end up making it into good law schools have something very special to offer or they wouldn't have been able to work their way in.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

ushy80

• View Profile
Hey, I am in a similar situation as you-thought I could get some feedback from you.  Did you ever apply anywhere?  If so, did you get in?  Any recommendations for me???