Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: URGENT WHAT LAW SCHOOLS ARE FOR ME 2.5 GPA / 140 LSAT SCORE HELP NEED ACCEPTANCE  (Read 37000 times)

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
my favorite thing about this thread is the word "URGENT" in the subject.  I could look at that all day and chuckle.

URGENT!

ahhh, magic.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

oscist

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oscist
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oscist
    • View Profile
Why is anyone still giving this thread attention?  He was clearly outed when he claimed he couldn't post his LSAT score because the LSAC site was down for maintenance and it wasn't.  He also keeps asking for advice even though some people genuinely gave him some.  Thread closed. 

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
now he's posting the same thing in blsd  :D :D :D
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

California_RedRaider

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I no the thread should be closed but it was just too funny... i couldn't resist posting that this thread totally made my day...

Now i have a group meeting and then i'm gonna watch the Patriots beat the Giants... what a great day.

aporia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
To the OP:

Assuming for the sake of this post that you're not a flame, given your predicament, do you recognize the cruel irony of your user name?
Columbia 2011

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
The sky is the limit. I say apply at the T14, across the board. One of them is bound to pick you up. You seem like a very interesting person with such a compelling life story that its hard to imagine that more than half will turn you down. Just hang in there, man. Don't let these downers get you... down. You can do anything if you set your  mind to it. See you at Michigan!

This is terrible advice. Was this sarcasm?  :-[

Anyway, don't waste your money on likely out of reach schools. Unless you have money to throw around, I'd try and target a few schools and convince them that you'd be a good fit. Top tier schools are probably not your market though. Check out Cooley, or a provisionally accredited law school. Good luck!
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
The sky is the limit. I say apply at the T14, across the board. One of them is bound to pick you up. You seem like a very interesting person with such a compelling life story that its hard to imagine that more than half will turn you down. Just hang in there, man. Don't let these downers get you... down. You can do anything if you set your  mind to it. See you at Michigan!

Spot on! Tetris is absolutely right. You have to believe to achieve! Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible!

Just to be safe i would apply to a couple of safeties in the 15-30 range. You don't want to put all your eggs in the proverbial t14 basket.

Great advice, can't believe I didn't think about it myself.

Some more advice I thought of too: think about rainbows. If you think about rainbows and wish upon a falling star, anything can happen. You just need to believe in yourself.

Okay, that rainbow comment clarifies your jest. I feel like a damn fool now. Anyway, seriously, I think law school is still possible. Where do you want to practice?

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
See you at Michigan!

What the eff, Tetris? You can't go preaching that Cornell is your first choice and then just dump it by the wayside for the likes of UMich. Can you?   ???

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
To the OP:

Assuming for the sake of this post that you're not a flame, given your predicament, do you recognize the cruel irony of your user name?

:D :D :D
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

smcphee

• View Profile
    • Email
To everyone who thinks it is a joke for a student to have a 140 LSAT and a 2.50 G.P.A., I don't find it funny. People don't realize that they might offend those who have a similar G.P.A. and score. A person person might be a bad test taker or faced a difficult situation while in school. This does not mean that they don't have the same desire to go to law school as anyone else. I went to school with people who's G.P.A 's were much higher than mine but when it was time to graduate I finished with a higher G.P.A. than those who were predicted to do better than me. Scores and G.P.A's are just numbers. The real test comes when you go to school and prove you belong. Half the people who placed a post will probably not finish Law School themselves. Don't give up. I am a prime example that you could have a low G.P.A. and test score but finish at the top of you class. You have to decide if are willing to stay dedicated.