Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: URGENT WHAT LAW SCHOOLS ARE FOR ME 2.5 GPA / 140 LSAT SCORE HELP NEED ACCEPTANCE  (Read 36946 times)

legalbound

• View Profile
I need 12 Applications to ABA schools I can get accepted into. I want to attend school in the Fall. I took the Oct LSAT and got a 140, and grauduated with a 2.5 GPA from University of Illinois a Business Degree. I took the LSAT 3 Times Already and got a 132,135, and 140. I believe I cannot take it anymore for 3 years they say. But anyways I must attend a Law School this coming fall. I need some safety school and some useful information so I can attend Law School this comming fall. I hear that newly provisional accredit schools/ probation schools accepts 80%-100% of applicants. I dont know if this is true, but any imput that will be useful in my situation would help. Thanks

Positive and Encouraging Info Only. If there is nothing substantial to say please dont reply. Thanks

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
This advice really isn't constructive, and I don't know the acceptance rates of the provisional ABA schools, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get in anywhere with a 140.  Sorry.  Others may have more constructive advice.  However, go to lawschoolnumbers.com; you might find some schools there.
HLS '10

legalbound

• View Profile
Well quite of few people got into Law School with under 140 LSAT score. One person had a 134 and 2.7 gpa and got into 5 schools.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
The sky is the limit. I say apply at the T14, across the board. One of them is bound to pick you up. You seem like a very interesting person with such a compelling life story that its hard to imagine that more than half will turn you down. Just hang in there, man. Don't let these downers get you... down. You can do anything if you set your  mind to it. See you at Michigan!
_______
.|E|R|S.

dobbyfmyemen

• View Profile
The sky is the limit. I say apply at the T14, across the board. One of them is bound to pick you up. You seem like a very interesting person with such a compelling life story that its hard to imagine that more than half will turn you down. Just hang in there, man. Don't let these downers get you... down. You can do anything if you set your  mind to it. See you at Michigan!

Spot on! Tetris is absolutely right. You have to believe to achieve! Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible!

Just to be safe i would apply to a couple of safeties in the 15-30 range. You don't want to put all your eggs in the proverbial t14 basket.

Come on this girl/guy seems deperate and this is the advice you give apply to the top school with a 135-140. Listen, I have a better idea i'll pm you my addy and you can send me those app fees i'll make much better use of them. Really there are school that will take you. The only problem is they may not be aba approved, their bar pasage rates may be horrible and you are still going to come out 150,000 in dept with no job. Unless of course you have major connections which changes everything. In CA there are many schools that you can go to and then become certified only in CA. If you want to take the NY bar forget it you are stuck in Ca but there are worse places to be stuck.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN

Spot on! Tetris is absolutely right. You have to believe to achieve! Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible!

Just to be safe i would apply to a couple of safeties in the 15-30 range. You don't want to put all your eggs in the proverbial t14 basket.

Great advice, can't believe I didn't think about it myself.

Some more advice I thought of too: think about rainbows. If you think about rainbows and wish upon a falling star, anything can happen. You just need to believe in yourself.
_______
.|E|R|S.

legalbound

• View Profile
Well Im applying to ABA schools only. I am very confident I will get into at least probaly 4 schools.

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile

Great advice, can't believe I didn't think about it myself.

Some more advice I thought of too: think about rainbows. If you think about rainbows and wish upon a falling star, anything can happen. You just need to believe in yourself.

What a bunch of fools!!! And these people want to be lawyers...anyways...I say just look at schools median LSAT/GPA and go from there!

Or...study your bum off for three months, and attempt to get a better LSAT, I KNOW it is possible. My professor last quarter got a 155 the first time she took the LSAT, after studying hard for months, she shot up to a 172 and got a law degree from Boalt!!!
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Well Im applying to ABA schools only. I am very confident I will get into at least probaly 4 schools.

No. You will get into at least probably 10 schools, and one of them will be YHS. Tell all of your friends you are applying to Yale, Harvard and Stanford when they ask where you are applying to. They'll think you're awesome-- and when you get in you WILL be awesome.

And remember, close your eyes and think about rainbows. That's how I got into Michigan.
_______
.|E|R|S.

UMDMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Regent.
just write your PS about how you think that the constitution needs to be revised to fit "gods laws"
University of Minnesota Law Class of 2011