Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Interesting Question for LSAT day  (Read 1242 times)

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Interesting Question for LSAT day
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:16 AM »
Can you wear ear plugs, like guitarists wear or people that sleep next to dogs who snore (wink wink), the latter being me.

I wouldn't mind wearing ear plugs to keep all the BS out...or is this not allowed?

Mike

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interesting Question for LSAT day
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »
earplugs are not allowed

that's such a stupid rule. Normally, I would have a better way to describe it, but that is just an awful rule. I could see the problem with someone coming in with a recording or something in their ear, but if it is a sealed pack of ear plugs, I wouldnt see what the real problem was.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »
Potential problem: not hearing the proctor say stop, continuing to work.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:00:37 PM »
earplugs are not allowed

that's such a stupid rule. Normally, I would have a better way to describe it, but that is just an awful rule. I could see the problem with someone coming in with a recording or something in their ear, but if it is a sealed pack of ear plugs, I wouldnt see what the real problem was.

Yeah, it is kinda lame.  They used to allow ear plugs a long time ago.  I think part of the rational is being able to hear the fire alarm if it goes off and being able to hear instructions from the proctor about 5 minute warning, when to move onto the next section etc. 

At the rate things are going it would not surprise me if clothing other than underwear shoes and socks gets banned at some point.  Right now you are supposed to only be able to bring in your stuff (personal items, etc.) in a one gallon clear ziplock back and are not allowed to wear a hood (like a hood on a sweatshirt), bring in a cell phone, etc.

Welcome to the world of today.  Just look at all the stuff the DHS keeps changing and doing for airport security. 

The world is going crazy!  :D
And I think a lot of the blame can be put on supposed technology 'advances', and of course, of all things LAWYERS! ha ha   

hahaha, good point. I understand the 5 minute call and the proctor saying stop, but if you have ear plugs in, u do not go deaf. Just imo, i think they dont want anyone to have an unfair advantage.

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
Can you wear ear plugs, like guitarists wear or people that sleep next to dogs who snore (wink wink), the latter being me.

I wouldn't mind wearing ear plugs to keep all the BS out...or is this not allowed?

Mike
In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy.

Don't question the system, or else they may haunt you down and you'll never be heard from again.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
this question not really all that interesting.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »
Earplugs are prohibited...

...but these aren't earplugs. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »
more like earmuffs.

waitayear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
earplugs are not allowed

That is funny my testing center provided everyone with earplugs.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »
earplugs are not allowed

That is funny my testing center provided everyone with earplugs.

???

Where and when?  Was it some old lady proctor that didn't read the rules that wanted to help the students out and made a trip to Walmart with her Visa card? 

lmao! that would be great.I hope I get someone like that, maybe I can squeeze an extra 15 min per section out of my proctors.  ::)