Law School Discussion

Re: Georgetown or Cornell
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
You may not believe in the t14 per se, but I think it's pretty common knowledge that you have more opportunities at the same rank at GULC than you do at GW...

the big question for me will be, if i'm trying to get a firm job when i graduate, where do i need to rank at GW to get the same opportunities i would get in the top 50-30% at GULC, and what is the cost difference of attending one school over the other?  i'm not going in thinking i'll automatically be ranked higher at GW, and i'm definitely not going in thinking that i'll be near the top at GULC.  goodness knows i'll be studying my butt off, but that will only get you so far.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
Right - that's what I meant.  You will have better/more opportunities for firm jobs out of GULC because they'll go deeper in the class.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 09:41:21 AM »
Right - that's what I meant.  You will have better/more opportunities for firm jobs out of GULC because they'll go deeper in the class.

Yeah.  I'm keeping my eye out for what career opportunities are for folks outside the top 10, 20, and 30 percents at GW.