Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: status on urm  (Read 1004 times)

risingstar22

• View Profile
status on urm
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
I want to know if you are a urm and let's say you score in the 25% of the lsat of that school but your gpa is near the 50% of that school will you have a chance getting in

20+ Andrew Hill Albums

• View Profile
Re: status on urm
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
I think, in general, it would be safe to say that you have a very good chance of getting in.

Congrats in advance.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
Look at my LSN

risingstar22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
Here's the scenario I'm a black male my gpa when graduating is going to be a 3.4 i haven't taken the lsat yet but shooting for 160 but i can settle for a 157 or 156. I'm not into the whole rankings thing because it......don't want to elaborate but looking to go to university of georgia, ou, arkansas fayettville north carolina. The question i'm posing is on my numbers will i have a better chance of getting in because i am a urm

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »
Here's the scenario I'm a black male my gpa when graduating is going to be a 3.4 i haven't taken the lsat yet but shooting for 160 but i can settle for a 157 or 156. I'm not into the whole rankings thing because it......don't want to elaborate but looking to go to university of georgia, ou, arkansas fayettville north carolina. The question i'm posing is on my numbers will i have a better chance of getting in because i am a urm

I'll PM you my opinion.
Michigan 2L

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »
I think, in general, it would be safe to say that you have a very good chance of getting in.

Congrats in advance.

i agree. i also think this would hold true for non urm as wall

20+ Andrew Hill Albums

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:26 PM »

Congrats in advance.

i agree. i also think this would hold true for non urm as wall

Sure, depending on how "very good chance" is defined.

In any case, if I were the op, I'd apply to higher ranked schools than this. To study LSN for a while is good advice.