« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »
Yea Penn doesn't rank the class...

Or so I've been told?

doos13

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UPenn class ranking?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
Is it true that Columbia doesn't either? What about NYU? Chicago?

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
I've been told that Penn does not rank its class.

Come on Tira, you know you wanna jump on board  ;D

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
Just curious, but "Why Penn" Tiramisu?  What arguments do you think Penn has going for it for you?

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:42:26 PM »
PM me if you'd like me to read it as well.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »
It's true, Penn doesn't rank. (By the way, this is really nice, but at times frustrating. Like when you're a wee bit obsessive and JUST WANT TO KNOW)

And Penn is fantastic. In every way.

doos13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »
It's true, Penn doesn't rank. (By the way, this is really nice, but at times frustrating. Like when you're a wee bit obsessive and JUST WANT TO KNOW)

Can you expand a bit on that? What do you like about it so much, etc?

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »
I've wanted to go to Penn for a long time.  I've always loved History and want to do something involving constitutional law/federalism, etc.  The opportunity to study so close to where the Constitution was created (as dumb as it sounds, mostly for the inspiration factor when times get tough) was important to me.  Penn also just seems very flexible:  flexible interdisciplinary opportunities, flexible location (right in the middle of all the major Eastern markets), and flexible expenses (lower cost of living).  Penn also, as far as I can see, is developing a reputation as an up-and-coming powerhouse.  Add that to the fact that EVERY ONE I talk to who has or is attending there, including professors, have nothing but praise and support for Penn, and the choice wasn't too tough for me.

I chose to apply ED to Penn despite the fact that I had legitimate shots at CCN (and got into NYU).  I'm very happy with that decision.

:)

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

Can you expand a bit on that? What do you like about it so much, etc?

See here