Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 20106 times)

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
Dammit, why do I always come into these juicy conversations late??

Oh and for the record, Flyingmachine is spot on. That's what's  wrong with America. All these minorities taking up all the precious few spots at elite law schools. It's just a crisis.

If you would be so kind as to quote where I said that, it would be much appreciated.

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

Did I use the word "crisis" or the phrase "that's what's wrong with America"?  I don't see it.  Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking for a Yale student.  It's a good thing they don't give grades there.

so we're not allowed to make inferences based on what you say?

I think it's unfair to sensationalize my statements in order to make me seem irrational.  Maybe Galt was a journalist before he went to law school.

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »

I think it's unfair to sensationalize my statements in order to make me seem irrational.  Maybe Galt was a journalist before he went to law school.
[/quote]

Maybe you were a tool even before you started flaming all over LSD.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »

Feel free to resort to puerile insults and name-calling.  I'm certain this will get you far in the real world.

Right.

I recommend you then reconsider your original post, asshat.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

techpers0n

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2008, 01:43:11 PM »
Wow. Tool or not you guys should probably know that over the last few pages theflyingmachine
has kept his cool and continued making arguments while a lot of other people have just resorted to name calling and sarcasm. If you are against him and/or what he is saying either respond to his argument or ignore him, the name calling actually makes it look like he is in the right. (not saying that he is, just saying thats what it looks like)

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

Oh and for the record, Flyingmachine is spot on. That's what's  wrong with America. All these minorities taking up all the precious few spots at elite law schools. It's just a crisis.

Yeah, I also think that the staggering number of minorities in professional and political positions is really destroying our society.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
Wow. Tool or not you guys should probably know that over the last few pages theflyingmachine
has kept his cool and continued making arguments while a lot of other people have just resorted to name calling and sarcasm. If you are against him and/or what he is saying either respond to his argument or ignore him, the name calling actually makes it look like he is in the right. (not saying that he is, just saying thats what it looks like)

lol. To be fair, he's used a bit of ad hominem here and there:

Did I use the word "crisis" or the phrase "that's what's wrong with America"?  I don't see it.  Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking for a Yale student.  It's a good thing they don't give grades there.

Not to mention that his critique of urmom was based on faulty logic at best.
YLS c/o 2009

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2008, 01:47:24 PM »

The @#!* it does.

There are a number of threads that go over this topic ad nauseum - he isn't saying anything new, he doesn't have ground to stand on, and he's simply trolling and/or being an a-hole.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2008, 01:48:24 PM »

If you would be so kind as to quote where I said that, it would be much appreciated.

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

so we're not allowed to make inferences based on what you say?

Wow.

Have fun in litigation / trial.

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

The @#!* it does.

There are a number of threads that go over this topic ad nauseum - he isn't saying anything new, he doesn't have ground to stand on, and he's simply trolling and/or being an a-hole.

What he said.

It's not worth anyone's time to argue with TFM, so I'll just observe and laugh and post a sarcastic remark here and there.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
How's it feel to fail at life, fuckhead?

Go let your mommy make it feel better. Go cry to her about the big, bad, ugly, unfair world. Go have her buy you a nice little pony, a vacation in Cancun, or whatever it is spoiled little shits like you get when life because just oh so oppressive - that tit must taste good.

it's fun to watch tj get pissed.  :D

oh and don't knock the rich.  we have problems too.  :P

I sympathize.

I wasn't knocking the rich so much as insulting this d00d's particular situation, financially and otherwise.