Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 20075 times)

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »
I think the punchline of the joke that is theflyingmachine is that he's talking all this trash, and he hasn't even taken the LSAT yet!  :D  :D  :D

It makes me LOL.

That's very true.  Him making fun of where you'll end up has to be bad karma for the test.

He doesn't believe in karma.  So he'll 180 it, I'm sure.

Why are the two of you assuming I'm a male?  Because I'm assertive, intelligent and well-spoken?  How sexist.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »
I think the punchline of the joke that is theflyingmachine is that he's talking all this trash, and he hasn't even taken the LSAT yet!  :D  :D  :D

It makes me LOL.

That's very true.  Him making fun of where you'll end up has to be bad karma for the test.

Why are the two of you assuming I'm a male?  Because I'm assertive, intelligent and well-spoken?  How sexist.

hahahahahahaha - s/he gets FUNNIER!!!!!!

TFM, this is actually how I picture you:

It's just easier to simplify and call you a "he."
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20:22 AM »
As I said, I have no issues with URMs who are AA admits numbers-wise but have other interesting factors.  If urMom had other interesting factors, she would have fared better at Michigan and UCLA.  Michigan particularly, since it's notorious for letting in interesting applicants even if they have iffy numbers.

I can't change the socio-economic system in any appreciable way.  So I complain.

Personally, I would feel that my accomplishments were being denigrated if I were admitted to a school based on the color of my skin.

I've got it!  TFM is Clarence Thomas' online persona.

20+ Andrew Hill Albums

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:08 AM »
Just got the waitlist letter. I'm a little disappointed.

sorry Mom...but NYU!!  come ON!!  cheer up!

Oh, I'm not feeling too down. I'm so relieved I got into NYU early, it really is making the rest of my cycle much less stressful.

*reads NYU acceptance letter again*

You were accepted at NYU but rejected at Michigan and waitlisted at UCLA?

Does the fact that it's a clear AA admit make you feel like less of a person?

Stop hatin'.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »

It makes me LOL.

How's it feel to fail at life, fuckhead?

Go let your mommy make it feel better. Go cry to her about the big, bad, ugly, unfair world. Go have her buy you a nice little pony, a vacation in Cancun, or whatever it is spoiled little shits like you get when life because just oh so oppressive - that tit must taste good.

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »

It makes me LOL.

How's it feel to fail at life, fuckhead?

Go let your mommy make it feel better. Go cry to her about the big, bad, ugly, unfair world. Go have her buy you a nice little pony, a vacation in Cancun, or whatever it is spoiled little shits like you get when life because just oh so oppressive - that tit must taste good.

Feel free to resort to puerile insults and name-calling.  I'm certain this will get you far in the real world.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »
Dammit, why do I always come into these juicy conversations late??

Oh and for the record, Flyingmachine is spot on. That's what's  wrong with America. All these minorities taking up all the precious few spots at elite law schools. It's just a crisis.
YLS c/o 2009

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

Oh and for the record, Flyingmachine is spot on. That's what's  wrong with America. All these minorities taking up all the precious few spots at elite law schools. It's just a crisis.

If you would be so kind as to quote where I said that, it would be much appreciated.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

If you would be so kind as to quote where I said that, it would be much appreciated.

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

YLS c/o 2009

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

Did I use the word "crisis" or the phrase "that's what's wrong with America"?  I don't see it.  Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking for a Yale student.  It's a good thing they don't give grades there.