Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 20054 times)

RedNinja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:23 AM »
Because this wasn't a legitimate conversation, you (tried to) isolate and target urMom to make her feel bad about her well earned acceptance to NYU. That makes you at tool. The only reason it didn't work is because urMom is awesome enough to know not to pay attention to you, and other people stood up to support her. You, on the other hand, are alone and pathetic. You won't do  well at ANY law school with that attitude because there's so much you just don't understand. 

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 12:19:52 AM »
Because this wasn't a legitimate conversation, you (tried to) isolate and target urMom to make her feel bad about her well earned acceptance to NYU. That makes you at tool. The only reason it didn't work is because urMom is awesome enough to know not to pay attention to you, and other people stood up to support her. You, on the other hand, are alone and pathetic. You won't do  well at ANY law school with that attitude because there's so much you just don't understand. 

RedNinja, you are awesome.   :)

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

Why are you all talking about each others mothers..how rude!!

So the moral of this story is...

The UCLA waitlist board turned into race debates...I told you everything goes back to race

no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 07:56:01 AM »
I also don't understand why legitimate discussions concerning Affirmative Action are automatically dismissed as flames or as being silly.

Questioning someone's worth as a person is probably not the best way to start.

You're correct.  That was in bad taste.  I apologize.

urMom, is your acceptance to NYU sufficient remuneration for the hardships you and your family have felt, particularly at your Ivy League University?

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 07:57:50 AM »

I hope she doesn't choose to ignore those who challenge her beliefs when she is an attorney.  She will have a short career.

Also, how can you speak for how urMom earned her acceptance?  Do you know her?  Did the NYU adcomm board send you information on how they made their decision?  My theory was based upon her other decisions, what is yours based upon?

Wonderful assumptions about me.  Spot on.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 07:58:41 AM »
One other thing.  Why does everyone assume someone who opposes AA is white?  Is it impossible for minorities to dislike it?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 08:05:46 AM »
After catching up with this thread this morning...TFM, I think you're kind of disgusting and I hope we don't end up at the same law school.  Shoot for a 155!
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »
After catching up with this thread this morning...TFM, I think you're kind of disgusting and I hope we don't end up at the same law school.  Shoot for a 155!

Why am I disgusting?

If I get a 155 I'd have a decent chance at some of the schools you might end up at.  Never underestimate that URM boost.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:30 AM »

Why am I disgusting?

If I get a 155 I'd have a decent chance at some of the schools you might end up at.  Never underestimate that URM boost.

Doubtful, except maybe at GW.  Better get back to studying!  Time's a-wastin!
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
Like many have said, TFM, this is a thread about the UCLA waitlist. Start a new thread if you want to consistently talk about something else.

I think we have a valuable discourse here.

I do admire the audacity of you LSDers, shamelessly jumping to the defense of someone you've never met.