Law School Discussion

Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »
My GPA and LSAT are the averages for Princeton students. I'm an average Princeton student (regardless of race).

I don't want to be the best. I just want to do as well as I can, whatever that is. I am not ashamed of being in the 90th percentile.

There are so many things wrong with this statement.  You're satisfied with average?  You don't want to be the best?

90% on the LSAT is great.  It's just not NYU-great.

I did say average at PRINCETON (which in my honest opinion is the greatest institution of higher education in the universe).

And yeah, I am ok with being average here. My peers are amazing and I'm honored to be included amongst them.

But I should also add, I'm fine with being average in general. I don't derive my self-worth from getting the highest GPA/LSAT score or going to the most prestigious schools. Its nice, but its really not all its made out to be.

You just contradicted yourself in the span of 3 minutes.  I'm confused.  Are you proud of being average at Princeton, or is it meaningless to you?

Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
same here, but i'm still holding out hope for the giants.  on the other hand i wonder if it would make more sense to want the packers to win since they probably have a better shot at taking down the pats.

Eli has admitted publicly that he detests playing in cold weather.  Are you really expecting him to play well for three games in a row?  He's a Manning.

you see, if we were in a food fight, this would be a perfect time for me to throw out a reading comprehension jab.  :D  ;)

but to answer your question, absolutely not.  i fully expect the giants to lose.  but can't blame a guy for hoping, can you?

Poor choice of words.  I'm sorry.  I'm looking forward to seeing Manning Face Jr. tomorrow.

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
My GPA and LSAT are the averages for Princeton students. I'm an average Princeton student (regardless of race).

I don't want to be the best. I just want to do as well as I can, whatever that is. I am not ashamed of being in the 90th percentile.

There are so many things wrong with this statement.  You're satisfied with average?  You don't want to be the best?

I did say average at PRINCETON (which in my honest opinion is the greatest institution of higher education in the universe).

And yeah, I am ok with being average here. My peers are amazing and I'm honored to be included amongst them.

But I should also add, I'm fine with being average in general. I don't derive my self-worth from getting the highest GPA/LSAT score or going to the most prestigious schools. Its nice, but its really not all its made out to be.

You just contradicted yourself in the span of 3 minutes.  I'm confused.  Are you proud of being average at Princeton, or is it meaningless to you?

Oh, I'm definitely proud of it. To clarify: I'm proud of being average at Princeton and I'm ok with being average in general.

My SAT was 1540.

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2008, 03:34:46 PM »

Oh, I'm definitely proud of it. To clarify: I'm proud of being average at Princeton and I'm ok with being average in general.

My SAT was 1540.

Why did you underperform on the LSAT?  You also said you don't derive your self-worth from being a Princeton student.  You are confusing me.

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »

My SAT was 1540.

Why did you underperform on the LSAT?

Nerves? I was testing in the low 170's.

Or maybe its just because I'm dumb.

« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »

My SAT was 1540.

Why did you underperform on the LSAT?

Nerves? I was testing in the low 170's.

Or maybe its just because I'm a dumb spic.

Please.  I have never once resorted to the use of an ethnic slur in this conversation.  Do not try to make it seem like I have.

« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »
Why did you edit out the ethnic slur you used?

« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2008, 03:39:42 PM »
I was worried you would think I was attributing it to you. I definitely was not. That's why I edited.

I got called that for the first time after getting into Princeton. Sadly, this is what this whole debate has reminded me of.

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
Um, I really hate to give this idiot one more hit, but I would like to point out that this white boy got WL at UCLA and Michigan, and in at NYU.

If you have anything else to say about race, I'd be happy to meet you in person so you can say it to my face.

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2008, 04:01:05 PM »
Um, I really hate to give this idiot one more hit, but I would like to point out that this white boy got WL at UCLA and Michigan, and in at NYU.

If you have anything else to say about race, I'd be happy to meet you in person so you can say it to my face.

I appreciate your macho posturing on the internet.  It makes me smile.