Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 20689 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2008, 05:22:29 PM »
My GPA and LSAT are the averages for Princeton students. I'm an average Princeton student (regardless of race).

I don't want to be the best. I just want to do as well as I can, whatever that is. I am not ashamed of being in the 90th percentile for the LSAT or being a middle of the road Princeton student.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »
At this point, I'm only responding to others.

are you responding to all posts in general?  because i'm sorely tempted to change the subject. 

for example, we could talk about whether we will see any upsets tomorrow.

Packers by at least 14.  Patriots may not cover, but will win.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2008, 05:24:13 PM »

are you responding to all posts in general?  because i'm sorely tempted to change the subject. 

I agree with both.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
My GPA and LSAT are the averages for Princeton students. I'm an average Princeton student (regardless of race).

I don't want to be the best. I just want to do as well as I can, whatever that is. I am not ashamed of being in the 90th percentile.

There are so many things wrong with this statement.  You're satisfied with average?  You don't want to be the best?

90% on the LSAT is great.  It's just not NYU-great.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

I don't want to be the best. I just want to do as well as I can, whatever that is. I am not ashamed of being in the 90th percentile.

There are so many things wrong with this statement.  You're satisfied with average?  You don't want to be the best?

NYU obviously disagrees.

Hope that f-ing helps.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

I did say average at PRINCETON (which in my honest opinion is the greatest institution of higher education in the universe).

And yeah, I am ok with being average here. My peers are amazing and I'm honored to be included amongst them.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »

I agree with both.

same here, but i'm still holding out hope for the giants.  on the other hand i wonder if it would make more sense to want the packers to win since they probably have a better shot at taking down the pats.

Eli has admitted publicly that he detests playing in cold weather.  Are you really expecting him to play well for three games in a row?  He's a Manning.

NYU obviously disagrees.

Hope that f-ing helps.

We have established this already.  Please try to keep up.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »

I did say average at PRINCETON (which in my honest opinion is the greatest institution of higher education in the universe).

And yeah, I am ok with being average here. My peers are amazing and I'm honored to be included amongst them.

But I should also add, I'm fine with being average in general. I don't derive my self-worth from getting the highest GPA/LSAT score or going to the most prestigious schools. Its nice, but its really not all its made out to be.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »

I'm not  :-\

Hah, I got over that feeling very quickly freshman year.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »

That's a rather silly statement.  In the infinite expanse of the universe, there is likely a much better educational institution than Princeton.

Out of curiousity, what was your SAT score?