Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 19751 times)

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
If you can't go on the internet to female dog about life being unfair, then what is the internet good for?

going after other people who are bitching about life being unfair with name-calling and sarcasm?

I am personally averse to name-calling because I find it immature and unnecessary.  However, it seems to be the primary way people on this board express frustation.

well there are people who are personally averse to bitching about life being unfair because they find it immature and unnecessary.  so...

I maintain that I have avoided bitching and attempted to have a rational conversation.  At least since my first post, which was admittedly in poor taste.

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
Dear Ms. Beesly and Mr. Archibald,

The Flying Machine has not yet responded to my post (#100), but I see that he is responding to your posts, even though your posts come after #100.  This is totally unfair.  

Clearly, the only reason why he is responding to your posts instead of mine is because your posts are so short while mine is long.  I think this is a fair deduction to make.  I hope your brevity serves you well in law school and in the legal profession. [sarcasm]

How does it feel to know that the only reason for his responses is the length of your posts?  Do you think that is fair?  How dare you take advantage of the incredible opportunities he is offering you by conversing with you knowing that an earlier, more deserving post goes ignored?  

Unkind regards,

20+AHA

20+AHA,

Some people find it easier to respond to shorter, sarcastic posts that have less to offer the discussion than longer posts, which make points they are unable to refute. Do I feel like less of a person because TFM responded to mine and not yours? No, because TFM rates response-worthiness with his/her own set of rules, which we are not privy to. I admit that I feel a little guilty about it, but it's not my fault I was blessed with brevity and you weren't; those are just the backgrounds we were raised in. Maybe if you want to be as competitive on LSD, you should work harder at making your posts shorter, but I'm sure some other poster will reply to you eventually.

Lots of love,

Pam Beesly

:D

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
'll shoot, though I haven't read the entire thread.

You didn't bother to read the whole thread, I couldn't be bothered to reply to your post.  I'm sorry you felt sleighted that your post on the internet went ignored.

20+ Andrew Hill Albums

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »

You didn't bother to read the whole thread, I couldn't be bothered to reply to your post.  I'm sorry you felt sleighted that your post on the internet went ignored.

Denied?

O!  >:( I just feel like slappin the mess out a brief poster!

* goes off to pick an e-fight with the next person who posts "TITCR" in the Where should I go next fall? subforum *

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »

Denied?

O!  >:( I just feel like slappin the mess out a brief poster!

* goes off to pick an e-fight with the next person who posts "TITCR" in the Where should I go next fall? subforum *

Too funny.
I'm done with this thread and won't be clogging it up with my pointless, albeit brief, remarks.
Bye, everybody.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
Whoa, I didn't realize this discussion was still going on.

Like most AA discussions, this one was a waste of time.

I'm excited for the shitshow that will go down if I get into HYS.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »

I'm sure your time was better spent watching South Park.

Don't worry.  You won't, unless they're really hurting for minorities this year.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »
How can you just assume she was an AA admit at NYU just because she didn't get into Michigan?

I got into Michigan and not NYU.  The exact opposite of her decisions.  Your theory isn't rock solid.
Michigan 2L

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »

I'm sure your time was better spent watching South Park.

Don't worry.  You won't, unless they're really hurting for minorities this year.

And you wonder why people *&^% on anything you have to say.

How your mother's tit doing? You growing into a big, strong boy?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
How can you just assume she was an AA admit at NYU just because she didn't get into Michigan?

I got into Michigan and not NYU.  The exact opposite of her decisions.  Your theory isn't rock solid.

To be fair, tL, you will get into NYU.  ;)