Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate  (Read 20002 times)

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist - AA Debate
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
Just got the waitlist letter. I'm a little disappointed.

sorry Mom...but NYU!!  come ON!!  cheer up!

Oh, I'm not feeling too down. I'm so relieved I got into NYU early, it really is making the rest of my cycle much less stressful.

*reads NYU acceptance letter again*

You were accepted at NYU but rejected at Michigan and waitlisted at UCLA?

Does the fact that it's a clear AA admit make you feel like less of a person?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:17 PM »

Oh, I'm not feeling too down. I'm so relieved I got into NYU early, it really is making the rest of my cycle much less stressful.

Not really.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »

Not really.

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

I have no issues with URMs with fascinating soft factors who are accepted, but you clearly had little else to offer with your application if the schools prohibited from using blatant AA couldn't find room for you.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:20:56 PM »

Not really.

Good.  It shouldn't bother you that more qualified white folk are out of luck because NYU needed to fill a quota.

I have no issues with URMs with fascinating soft factors who are accepted, but you clearly had little else to offer with your application if the schools prohibited from using blatant AA couldn't find room for you.

Race war!

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

I see that you are unable to formulate a coherent response of more than two words.  Perhaps this was evident in your application package.

Hopefully law school will help you overcome this aversion, as intelligence and verbosity are important in the legal profession.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

I see that you are unable to formulate a coherent response of more than two words.  Perhaps this was evident in your application package.

Hopefully law school will help you overcome this aversion, as intelligence and verbosity are important in the legal profession.

I guess you don't watch South Park.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

PS: I guess according to TFM, I'm going to do really badly in law school, since I can only speak in images.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

I spend my time studying the intricacies of the LSAT so I can break 170 and get into a top law school on my own merit.  I see cable has rotted your brain.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

I spend my time studying the intricacies of the LSAT so I can break 170 and get into a top law school on my own merit.  I see cable has rotted your brain.

Good luck with that.

theflyingmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »

Not really.

Race war!

Good luck with that.

I was just wondering if you'd made the connection between your decisions and the AA policies at the respective decisions.