Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LawSchoolMongoose.com Toilet List...  (Read 1714 times)

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: LawSchoolMongoose.com Toilet List...
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
Step up your trolling son.  This is where you tell us this is a case of IIED and we should open a book.  Gotta stay true to your schtick.

Cady, it was obvious you were laughing with me and at melvin. your post doesn't indicate that you were insulting me, and frankly i'm offended you would say that.

anyway, melvin.
that's not funny, i didn't say the term itself is creative. but for a certain reference in a certain context, the toilet list is creative and original. it's just because people with your limited mindset think it's vulgar and too mean. well, those schools are at their current position for a reason. and pointing out that reason can never be classless, no matter the manner of expression

Don't forget battery. And assault.

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PM+me+to+get+it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
boiler, since the post was directed towards me it is my discretion as to what it intended. that's how inferences and implications and deductions work.

melvin, i've never heard that term in reference to the very bottom of the barrel. TTT doesn't do the job because that refers to an entire 100 schools. this list is only for the bottom 10, and if you've seen it you'd realize that it's even formatted in an entirely novel way

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:14:09 PM »
boiler, since the post was directed towards me it is my discretion as to what it intended. that's how inferences and implications and deductions work.

um, i'm pretty sure that the person from whom the post originated gets to determine its intention. the recipient has no say.
"read a book."
Depaul '11

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »

melvin, i've never heard that term in reference to the very bottom of the barrel. TTT doesn't do the job because that refers to an entire 100 schools. this list is only for the bottom 10, and if you've seen it you'd realize that it's even formatted in an entirely novel way

Yea! Its starts at 10 and goes down
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »
melvin, that's slighted credited but even if you were right and it's not novel, it's still a creative way and an amusing title- something no one else has really considered before. the kicker is that all these toilet-references out there are just LISTS. this is more, from what i can tell. it describes and details why the school is ranked and reputed as it is and the accompanying playful mockery is what makes it so original.

bt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »
Most unfortunate about all this is that this little thread from some "new user" has probably resulted in a traffic spike over at LSM.   ::)

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 11:53:07 PM »
I use IE7.  The list doesn't work for me.

Hence, in my case, the list is less useful than a toilet.
CLS 2011.  All done.

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
matthies, that is not how my logic worked. my logic was strong whereas yours is flawed to no end. you are assuming that simply changing around names is analogous to what my method of debate. i hope you haven't taken the LSAT yet.

assumptions like those will get you a score in the 1-2 Ohs.

well at least now all of you can comment on the toilet list at lawschoolmongoose. but try and keep it positive- the list is a new concept and a new idea, it cannot survive or grow with negative detractions.

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »
well at least now all of you can comment on the toilet list at lawschoolmongoose. but try and keep it positive- the list is a new concept and a new idea, it cannot survive or grow with negative detractions.

You might want to, you know, fix the HTML so it works right...

Otherwise, it's a 100% failure.
CLS 2011.  All done.

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
matthies, that is not how my logic worked. my logic was strong whereas yours is flawed to no end. you are assuming that simply changing around names is analogous to what my method of debate. i hope you haven't taken the LSAT yet.

assumptions like those will get you a score in the 1-2 Ohs.

seriously, i can't help but laugh every time you post.
"read a book."
Depaul '11