Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LawSchoolMongoose.com Toilet List...  (Read 1730 times)

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PM+me+to+get+it
    • View Profile
Re: LawSchoolMongoose.com Toilet List...
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 10:24:40 PM »
the thing about LSD is that when you guys don't think of something first, you cast the ones who were smart enough to do it as classless and tactless.

if you ever become lawyers, it'll be hard for you to win arguments in this way.

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 10:24:51 PM »
I just find it amazing that they think as 0Ls they know more about law school than people in law school (LSD) or people in law school/lawyers/an occasional funny troll (xoxo).
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »
melvin, i'd like you to speak to any number of famous writers throughout history that have expressed their points through metaphorical dicta. that's not the issue. you don't even know which point to argue against....and i'm not sure why you chose the metaphor to attack.

if a school is flawed, it is up to the legal community to point them out so that future law school applicants (and the unfortunate souls already matriculating there) can learn the truth about these institutions. this exposure can come in any form, and the more drastic the better. that's what makes that toilet list thing pretty original and novel.

EasyCall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »
the thing about LSD is that when you guys don't think of something first, you cast the ones who were smart enough to do it as classless and tactless.

That's pretty accurate

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »

if you ever become lawyers, it'll be hard for you to win arguments in this way.

lol

"Your honor, the defendant is classless and tactless. That's all, really. Please grant my motion to dismiss? Kthx"

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 10:45:19 PM »
melvin, once again you failed to recognize my sarcasm in the form of a METAPHOR. you should open a book sometime.

and the toilet word bothers you? as a lawyer (if you ever become one), you can't get hung up on just one word like this out of an entire idea or argument. it's the whole picture you have to look at. in the end, it's just a very creative way to get a point across. that's not degrading. it's humorous to boot.

thanks for the backup, Cady. i'm glad you see that melvin just doesn't get it....

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »
is this where i point out that i was laughing at you?

IamAnXman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 10:57:12 PM »
Cady, it was obvious you were laughing with me and at melvin. your post doesn't indicate that you were insulting me, and frankly i'm offended you would say that.

anyway, melvin.
that's not funny, i didn't say the term itself is creative. but for a certain reference in a certain context, the toilet list is creative and original. it's just because people with your limited mindset think it's vulgar and too mean. well, those schools are at their current position for a reason. and pointing out that reason can never be classless, no matter the manner of expression

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
Step up your trolling son.  This is where you tell us this is a case of IIED and we should open a book.  Gotta stay true to your schtick.

Cady, it was obvious you were laughing with me and at melvin. your post doesn't indicate that you were insulting me, and frankly i'm offended you would say that.

anyway, melvin.
that's not funny, i didn't say the term itself is creative. but for a certain reference in a certain context, the toilet list is creative and original. it's just because people with your limited mindset think it's vulgar and too mean. well, those schools are at their current position for a reason. and pointing out that reason can never be classless, no matter the manner of expression
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 11:01:54 PM »

so..the meaning of the post is for you to decide?
"read a book."
Depaul '11