Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hi...Newbie with intro  (Read 2800 times)

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
Re: Hi...Newbie with intro
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
Well, I was subtitute teaching 3 days a week and have no bills (except for gas and food).  I'm still considering part-time LS and speaking with family members who are attorneys and getting a little advice.  My niece attended a 4T LS and works for the Governement so I'm still hopeful upon graduation (not to mention networking with the other attorneys I worked with over the past 9 years). 

I'll stillremain prayerful and not get caught up in the admissions process.  I wonder if the Income Base Repayment plan which will be in place 9/2009 will help with student loans while working in public interest?

It won't hurt, anyway. The issue, in my opinion, is the time, energy & money crunch while in ls. If you attend, I recommend borrowing enough to take say 9 credits/semester & don't work, then you should have enough time for your child & to pursue PI opportunities.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hi...Newbie with intro
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »
If I were you, I'd go - probably part time. Life is too short to defer things that you really want to do.

::DITTO::
"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.