Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need help finding EASY school to get into.  (Read 1863 times)

lawbound3

• View Profile
Re: Need help finding EASY school to get into.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
Most of family are lawyers and know many law firms from previous jobs.  Finding a job would not be a problem just have to worry about getting the degree.  I agree with you guys on the re-take and I may find myself taking a year off. 

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »
This is a potentially dangerous statement.  If you are going to work for your parents small-practice, then don't worry.  If you think your parents can use connections to land you a big firm job, you are sorely mistaken.  They better be the hiring or managing partner at whatever firm you want a job at, and that still not a guarantee.

Most of family are lawyers and know many law firms from previous jobs.  Finding a job would not be a problem just have to worry about getting the degree.  I agree with you guys on the re-take and I may find myself taking a year off. 
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »
Hmmm...I think it would help to tell us why you want a law degree. O_o

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »
I would retake. No offense, but a 147 is dismal for law school. You'd be *lucky* to get into the worst ABA schools with that score.
_______
.|E|R|S.

newbie2424

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »
I know that Albany has some sort of conditional admission class that it offers to seemingly qualified students with low LSAT scores. Your GPA might give you a chance.  Of course, you would have to be willing to take a course and a test, which might be offered over the summer. (There is also a school in Delaware that has this, although I can't remember the name.) 

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »
OP above...I think its Widener. They have 2 campuses, PA and Delaware.

cstewar2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
I know this is late.

There is some good advice on here. But, I would encourage you to not take your advice about law school admissions solely from online discussion boards and forums. I know of two people, my friends, who have been accepted to Brooklyn Law School and Rutgers State with similar LSAT scores as you, and both persons actually had lower GPAs. Your GPA is pretty solid for the lower tiered law schools, though. But you need to have a kick ass personal statement and strong recommendation letters to overcome your LSAT score. I am not saying do not listen to the postings on here, use this only as cautionary advice. In other words do not get your hopes up too high. But, check the school application deadlines and try to get strong LORS and a even stronger, unique personal statement. You may be able to get into some schools in your area.

Good luck!!

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
I know this is late.

There is some good advice on here. But, I would encourage you to not take your advice about law school admissions solely from online discussion boards and forums. I know of two people, my friends, who have been accepted to Brooklyn Law School and Rutgers State with similar LSAT scores as you, and both persons actually had lower GPAs. Your GPA is pretty solid for the lower tiered law schools, though. But you need to have a kick ass personal statement and strong recommendation letters to overcome your LSAT score. I am not saying do not listen to the postings on here, use this only as cautionary advice. In other words do not get your hopes up too high. But, check the school application deadlines and try to get strong LORS and a even stronger, unique personal statement. You may be able to get into some schools in your area.

Advice:
Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get into law school. Consider applying to some state accredited law schools, if you are not able to get into the schools of your choice. In your area there is Southeren New England and Massachusetts School of law. After a year, if you have a A-, B+ average you should be able to transfer successfully to one of the 40 odd something law schools that accept state accredited transfers. Anyways, I encourage you to still apply to the lower tiered law schools in your area, and maybe 1 or 2 long shots. Seton Hall has a conditional admissions program, that may be of interest to you. If that doesn't work out consider state accredited schools, Good luck!!

While I am sure the above poster was well intentioned, this is a horrible post.

OP retake.

cstewar2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »

While I am sure the above poster was well intentioned, this is a horrible post.

OP retake.
[/quote

I knew that someone would feel that way.

But, as I stated in my previous posting: HE/SHE SHOULD NOT TAKE THEIR LAW ADMISSIONS ADVICE STRICTLY from so called online experts as your self. This person needs to do what works for him. He should not let anyone convince him/her of retaking the LSAT until he/she has considerd and weighed ALL of his options. This means that the person needs to reflect upon his reasons for attending law school, and also give himself an honest assessment as to whether or not he/she is cut out for law school. I do not have all the answers, and you don't either. Your advice is for him to retake, Mine is for the person to consider his options. Nuff said