Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Waitlist  (Read 9709 times)

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »
Don't act smart, Pam.  Obviously you can't be.
[/quote
Hahaaa!
Just another reason Ender's one of my favorite LSDers.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »
I'm turning into a pumpkin now.  Have a wonderful night everyone.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »
I would never pick LA over Berkley, that's just dumb. UCLA is so freaking over-rated and overly selective.

*BTW, i'm ultra bitter because I got rejected for Undergrad*

Brings back horrible memories... as  USC says...FUCLA
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 01:01:38 AM »
Can anyone answer my question?

Why UCLA over Boalt, if you could pick?

Simple preference of Los Angeles over Berkeley. This is why I picked UCLA over Berkeley for undergrad.
I'd probably lean towards Berkeley for LS because I've already spent four years at UCLA and because it has better career options, but to act like it is "unfathomable" is to be a rankings whore and not realize people have other priorities.

Ditto. Exactly.

reese07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 01:03:51 AM »
I would never pick LA over Berkley, that's just dumb. UCLA is so freaking over-rated and overly selective.

*BTW, i'm ultra bitter because I got rejected for Undergrad*

Brings back horrible memories... as  USC says...FUCLA

I'd be careful with this talk..there are several Bruins here that are prepared to pounce.  :D

upwithmontana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
I'm not trying to pull off anything.  I wouldn't have asked the question just to be annoying.  Someone earlier in the thread mentioned UCLA over Boalt, and I wanted to know why.

Oooh!  I have one:  I would pick UCLA over Berkeley because my fiance got a job as a cardiothoracic radiologist at UCLA med center.  Value your unfettered early twenties, son.  Live it up, because they will turn into late twenties with responsibility very soon.

upwithmontana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »
Eh.  I wish I could be more carpe diem, but let's not turn this thread into something it's not meant to be.

???  You are the one who asked why.  I told you one reason.  I agree though, let's get back on topic.

upwithmontana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 01:16:47 AM »
How are you balancing the time?  It sounds rather tough to deal with your respective schedules, much less both of them.

Well, I'm not there yet.  But it shouldn't be an issue.  Radiology is the life.  She'll be 8-5 with only about two calls per month.  Her residency, though, was a different story.

courtz1686

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 09:01:32 AM »
Like many have said, TFM, this is a thread about the UCLA waitlist. Start a new thread if you want to consistently talk about something else.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
I also don't understand why legitimate discussions concerning Affirmative Action are automatically dismissed as flames or as being silly.

We have a forum for this.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,31.0.html

Knock yourself out.

Like many have said, TFM, this is a thread about the UCLA waitlist. Start a new thread if you want to consistently talk about something else.

TheFlyingMachine - as many posters here have correctly noted, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the UCLA Waitlist.  If you wish to debate the merits of Affirmative Action, please relegate such discussion to the Affirmative Action Thread, which is dedicated to that purpose. 

To that end, all previous posts in this thread germane to the topic of Affirmative Action may be found here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,100302.0.html

Thanks.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston