Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: devoting time to LSATs  (Read 449 times)

danmcd

• View Profile
devoting time to LSATs
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
Hey,

How much time do you guys typically spend studying for the LSATs? I'm sort of new to the whole US law school application mentality and was hoping to get some advice on blocking out some time for nothing else but LSATs...I'm starting to realize just how important the LSATs are and am getting more than a little intimidated with all the stuff I've read on these boards. I'm even thinking of moving back in with my parents in NM (where nothing happens, perfect for studying) and just spending Sept-Dec studying for the LSATs. Going overboard?

Another question - Good schools for international law? NYU and Gtown from what I've heard are the big ones...anything a little lower down? I think I have a strong set of soft factors and I scored a 168 on the practice LSAT I took...but the undergrad GPA was a 3.44. Should I forget T14 school completely? I can see myself getting around a 170 with a lot of work - would that at least give me a shot at that range?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: devoting time to LSATs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »
When are you applying to school?  Whenever it is, make sure you take the test by September of that year (preferably June).

You should dedicate as much time as you need to get the score you want.  What's even more is making sure your study time is QUALITY time.  Most people don't study properly (constantly timing themselves, not reviewing anything, no redoing or reredoing anything, allowing distractions, etc..) and they waste hours and hours of valuable time they could have used more efficiently.

Starting at 168 is good news.  If you're shooting for T14, use all the resources at your disposal to get that up as much as you can.