Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: at this point, how many spots are left do you think?  (Read 929 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
at this point, how many spots are left do you think?
« on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:06 AM »
what percent of the classes do you think law schools have filled with pretty much yes-admits as of right now?  just curious as to how many seats they're looking to fill at this point...
seeing king midas everywhere.

RedNinja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: at this point, how many spots are left do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »
Hmm, it really depends on the school. UChicago has filled 0%, Harvard's filled more than half.

gclemen1

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
I think at most schools there are half the spots or more!

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »
Hmm, it really depends on the school. UChicago has filled 0%, Harvard's filled more than half.

Where are you getting this info?  It's making me feel much better.

It's making you feel better?  Why?
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »
I say it depends on the school. Check the LSN profiles of some of the people on this board and you'll see 4-5 Admits on some of them.  You can only attend one school.  Sooooo, although some of the schools might have already issued several hundred admittances, there might still be room when some of the students start withdrawing for better schools.  This is what I'm telling myself, anyway.  It makes me feel better.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »

Where are you getting this info?  It's making me feel much better.

I think this information could be accurate.  I think I read that HLS accepts about 800 people for its class of 550.  On LSN (a flawed source, I know) there were 191 acceptances listed last cycle and 171 for 05/06.  That averages out to about 22% of the 800 acceptances showing up on LSN each cycle.  Currently there are 103 acceptances listed, so assuming 22% will show up on LSN again this cycle, about 58% of the total LSN acceptances have been posted so far.  Again, I realize LSN isn't anyone's idea of an accurate sample, but it might be useful here.

tja310tja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »

I think this information could be accurate.  I think I read that HLS accepts about 800 people for its class of 550.  On LSN (a flawed source, I know) there were 191 acceptances listed last cycle and 171 for 05/06.  That averages out to about 22% of the 800 acceptances showing up on LSN each cycle.  Currently there are 103 acceptances listed, so assuming 22% will show up on LSN again this cycle, about 58% of the total LSN acceptances have been posted so far.  Again, I realize LSN isn't anyone's idea of an accurate sample, but it might be useful here.

You have to think that LSN could be gaining popularity though, meaning a larger percentage of admits are posting their information. I have no proof of this, but it is something to consider.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
Re OP: I'd have to say 58. Take or give a few.
_______
.|E|R|S.