Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Choosing among various undergrad universities... NEED HELP  (Read 7457 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Choosing among various undergrad universities... NEED HELP
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 02:37:13 PM »
I don't see how you being a law school student gives your statement any more weight than my own.  As I have heard that top law schools (and I mean, T14) prefer liberal arts majors, both from discussion boards and from several law schools themselves, I will continue to believe it.  I'm sure there are many pre-professional majors in law school, though that does not detract from the idea that law schools would prefer a liberal arts major to a pre-professional major.

Other than the fact that I actually know who law schools admit, because I can look at my classmates?

But go ahead, believe everything you read on a message board.
VIP.

bt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Choosing among various undergrad universities... NEED HELP
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
My point is that your evidence is your classmates at a particular law school.  My evidence is the statements from adcoms at several top schools; that this is also believed to be the case on message boards is just an added bonus.

It may be true that there are many pre-professional majors at your law school, but I don't think that's evidence sufficient to say that liberal arts majors are not preferred by pre-professional majors at most top law schools, especially given the evidence to the contrary.

Anyways, this is a rather moot point.  If the OP really wants to major in Finance, he should not let law school preferences get in the way.  But if the OP thinks Finance will give him an advantage over someone with a liberal arts degree, I would urge him to reconsider.