Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going PT: Work Weekdays or Weekends?  (Read 345 times)

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
Going PT: Work Weekdays or Weekends?
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
I sent a couple of part-time applications and am wondering what would be best. Part-time classes are M-Th from 6-9. Should I work 3-4 hours/day or just work 2-full days on weekends. I am looking for a menial job, ie receptionist or just something to help pay the bills the first year.

Are there many group/study sessions and when are they mostly held.

This is a weird question I know, just curious what other people are planning.

Thanks.

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
Re: Going PT: Work Weekdays or Weekends?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »
Work during the week, weekends are very precious and you have an entire weekend to play catchup or even get ahead versus basically working 7 days a week cause going to class all week, even if it is part time, will take a toll along with having to also work on the weekends. I work full time during the week and I am completing my undergrad fulltime at night, so my weekends are pretty free and it is a good feeling.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Going PT: Work Weekdays or Weekends?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:02 PM »
After working in undergrad, I 'd say the weekends are very important. I worked weekends and week days and it sucked. One semester I had only 4 days off from school and work. It was terrible. It may not have been so bad if the roomate fromhell wasn't casing me to only get 4-5 hours per night for months on end.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.