Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Mason vs. Hastings  (Read 385 times)

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
George Mason vs. Hastings
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
I've no idea about either of those schools. all I know is that they're pretty close in the rankings and starting private sector salaries. George Mason's focus is on economics, I hate math and cold weather. I'd love to practice in California and eventually live in SoCal, but know nothing about Hastings and their employment prospects. Please share your info.
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: George Mason vs. Hastings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:29:14 PM »
They are both regional schools, so if you want to practice in California, George Mason would be a bad decision.

futurelawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
I've no idea about either of those schools. all I know is that they're pretty close in the rankings and starting private sector salaries. George Mason's focus is on economics, I hate math and cold weather. I'd love to practice in California and eventually live in SoCal, but know nothing about Hastings and their employment prospects. Please share your info.

If you want to practice in SoCal, I would look at SoCal schools over even Hastings.
Accepted: Michigan, Northwestern, GULC, UCLA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL ($$$$), Boston University, Boston College ($$$), U Washington, William & Mary ($$), UC Hastings, Temple ($$$$) :)

Deferred: Harvard

Boo!: U Chicago, Berkeley, Yale

Pending: Everything else

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »
Both are very regional schools. I would not consider George Mason if you want to practice in California.

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 07:24:47 PM »

If you want to practice in SoCal, I would look at SoCal schools over even Hastings.

Well, I also got accepted to Loyola with $63K, but it seems to be a career suicide having to compete with USC and UCLA? Besides, their starting salary is only like $85K, barely enough to get by in LA while living on the bus, fighting off bloods and crips?
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777