Law School Discussion

question regarding LSAT addendum

question regarding LSAT addendum
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
Would it be okay to right an addendum explain the fact that I believe my Dec LSAT was not entirely indicative of what I feel I can do and that I am retaking in February and that, if borderline, I would prefer being placed on a waiting list until my February results come in instead of being judged on the first score?

Re: question regarding LSAT addendum
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »
did you send out all your applications??

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
did you send out all your applications??

No, but I'm about to in the next 1-2 days.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:34:16 PM »
well if you havenít applied I suggest you have everything ready to send out by the time you take the Feb. Lsat and apply as if you want them to look at mainly at the Feb scores. If you feel you need to write an addendum, just write one explaining why your Dec lsat was not the best  that you could have done. However, do not write to them now telling them to hold you applications until your feb lsat. That will be the same thing as just applying around 2 weeks in which they will wait for the feb lsat score.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
well if you havenít applied I suggest you have everything ready to send out by the time you take the Feb. Lsat and apply as if you want them to look at mainly at the Feb scores. If you feel you need to write an addendum, just write one explaining why your Dec lsat was not the best  that you could have done. However, do not write to them now telling them to hold you applications until your feb lsat. That will be the same thing as just applying around 2 weeks in which they will wait for the feb lsat score.

Well, by the time I get my February scores it would be approximately February 25th and the deadline for most schools is March 1st.  Don't you think that puts me at a pretty bad disadvantage applying that late? (I'm already behind enough as it is)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. You should definitely send out your applications asap. My suggestion is not to send an addendum telling them to hold you applications until your feb score. This addendum will only give them more reasons not to accept you. Many applications have a choice where you can check off that you want them to look at your feb Lsat. This should definitely be checked if you think you will do much better on the feb Lsat.

**this is just a suggestion.

JGO

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:41:08 AM »
Yes send out the application ASAP, the longer you wait, the worst.  If you don't have the best LSAT score, applying late is a big mistake!  Get to it  ;)