Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Super Bowl is an ideal time for the Patriots to choke  (Read 8126 times)

pacific sands

• Come on. Rain!
    • View Profile
Re: The Super Bowl is an ideal time for the Patriots to choke
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2008, 12:50:30 AM »
Dewey defeats Truman!
Colts triumph over Jets in Super Bowl III!
Patriots clinch undefeated season and go 19-0!

This isn't the first time someone, whaddayacallit, counted their chickens before they hatched. =)

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2008, 01:14:19 AM »
I am SOOO glad the Patriots lost. I'm a Cowboys fan, but seeing the Patriots bring that level of shame on themselves was almost as sweet as the Cowboys winning....(I'll admit that I still feel a bit dirty after cheering for the Giants like I did...but it was worth it  ;D).

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another Manning. Another Patriots ass-kicking!!!!

It's this kind of mindless drivel that makes you generally one of the most disliked posters on this entire board.

A wee bit bitter, eh? It is kind of flattering that people are creating profiles to hate on me.

Incorrect.  As the name implies, I was simply looking for a change of pace.  As it happened, your post was grating enough to warrant my first response.

As for the game itself, I had no allegiance whatsoever, and I thought it was a great finish. 

Dr. Rose

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's brilliant!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »
the Cheating Patriots got what they deserved!!!!
Go Giants

;D

P. Pius

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
Tough luck for the Patriots...turned out to be a pretty good game though.  I was just hoping it wouldn't be a blowout, and thank goodness it wasn't.

Solid job by the Giants front four though.  Now THAT was some serious pressure they put on Brady all nite!

In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
I don't get the cheating scandal hate.

Every team does it to some degree or another - this has been admitted by current and past players. It's a non-issue.

Why do y'all latch onto it like it's another "baseball/steroids" scandal, or something?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
I don't get the cheating scandal hate.

Every team does it to some degree or another - this has been admitted by current and past players. It's a non-issue.

Why do y'all latch onto it like it's another "baseball/steroids" scandal, or something?

I heard they also filmed the Superbowl walk through of the Rams a few years ago....that is not just stealing hand signals, that is a really big deal. (During a walk though a team may reveal their first 15-20 plays of the game, or all their red zone packages etc.) If that turns out to be the case (and you have to admit that it is not that hard to believe after what can be verified happened with the Jets), then I think they deserve every bit of criticism they are getting....(the Patriots are cheaters and they got what they deserved :)

Kevin '11

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2008, 10:32:03 PM »

Solid job by the Giants front four though.  Now THAT was some serious pressure they put on Brady all nite!

TITCR.  The front four won that game for the Giants, not just with the pass rush but also by stuffing the run.  All those outside stretch plays the Pats were forced to run just aren't their game....

VirusNY

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
Re: I hope someone beats the Patriots
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »
Giants over Patriots in the SuperBowl!!!

Directing your attention to my post on Jan. 14 :) Anyone want me to predict something else?
Cornell Law 2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »

The joy their loss is bringing me has not worn off....not even a little  ;D (and what happened to all the patriot fans...oh, I forgot...99% of them no longer like to be identified in that way.... :D