Law School Discussion

The Super Bowl is an ideal time for the Patriots to choke

Re: I hope someone beats the Patriots
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2008, 10:59:06 PM »
Don't worry, Walls.  He's understandably not in the best of moods after that loss yesterday.

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »
Don't worry, Walls.  He's understandably not in the best of moods after that loss yesterday.

What's with the friendly fire? You are terrible.

Chill bro.  I said 'understandably' because if you are not still pissed/irritable then there's something wrong with you.

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »
Since I'm in TX and have to deal with hearing about Cowboy greatness, I'll let Wally in on something. Your beloved Cowboys havent won a playoff game since 1996. What kind of dynasty has a current streak of being winless in the playoffs for the last 12 years?

And as a Pats fan, YES everyone will remember the Colts winning last year's SB. It will be the reason why Manning is a lock for the hall of fame. The pats werent expected to win the game last year anyway. 

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 07:46:25 AM »
IMO, folks not from nor have any affiliation with a certain geographic region's professional sports team who blindly defend them are fraudulent.  The only thing the cowgirls have proven is that they are very good at choking in the playoffs. 

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2008, 08:15:06 AM »
Since I'm in TX and have to deal with hearing about Cowboy greatness, I'll let Wally in on something. Your beloved Cowboys havent won a playoff game since 1996. What kind of dynasty has a current streak of being winless in the playoffs for the last 12 years?

And as a Pats fan, YES everyone will remember the Colts winning last year's SB. It will be the reason why Manning is a lock for the hall of fame. The pats werent expected to win the game last year anyway. 

At least they aren't my Lions.  The Lions have had more new stadiums in the last 30 years than playoff wins. 

oscist

• AOL Instant Messenger - oscist
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oscist
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
I have favorite sports teams in areas other than where I grew up, nor do I have any connection to those areas.  I live in New Orleans, for instance, and we don't have a professional baseball team.  I grew up watching the Yankees with my grandfather. 

VirusNY

• Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
Giants over Patriots in the SuperBowl!!!

I made that call on page 5 of this thread, and then of course people laughed and said the Giants would be smashed in Lambeau. I stand by my statement!

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2008, 09:22:13 AM »
Your case is not fraudulent.  The biggest instance of fraudelence is being from a city with a pro football team and being a Dallas fan.

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
On a different note...last night really bummed me out...guess I will be rooting for the Pats come Feb 3rd!

oscist

• AOL Instant Messenger - oscist
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oscist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2008, 09:52:43 AM »
Agreed.  Your home team has to be #1 for sure.  I'm a Patriots and Ravens fan, but a Saints fan first.