Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida State, Univ. of Colorado, and Tulane  (Read 1302 times)

gar598

• AOL Instant Messenger - gar598
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gar598@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
Florida State, Univ. of Colorado, and Tulane
« on: August 12, 2003, 04:05:39 PM »
anyone have an opinion on any of the above listed schools?  I know Univ. of Colo. had some problems with the ABA awhile back but I believe that has since been cleared up.  Others have mentioned that Tulane teaches to the Louisiana state legal system which, obviously, has been built around the French system.  I haven't heard much about Florida State except that it's relatively easy to get accepted to - from what I hear, they have a fairly good (ranked 30th) International Law program.

Any suggestions?
Law is order, and good law is good order.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), Politics

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Florida State, Univ. of Colorado, and Tulane
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 10:51:39 AM »
I would recommend Tulane over all of the above mentioned schools.  I think overall it would be the best choice, just my opinion though.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

est

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re:Florida State, Univ. of Colorado, and Tulane
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 11:13:27 PM »
What were the problems the Univ. of Colorado had with the ABA?

quip

Re:Florida State, Univ. of Colorado, and Tulane
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 01:16:29 PM »
I am an undergraduate at Florida State and am applying there for law school as well.  I have been to quite a number of meetings at the FSU law school.  My impression given limiited comparison is this: the facilities are very nice but more importantly it is located in the state capital, across the street from a district courthouse, and within walking distance of the federal court and state supreme court.  Also it has had the best bar passage rate in the state for several years now.  It is not my first choice but I would choose FSU law over UF law.  Although UF has a better reputation based on its history.  My impression of FSU is that it is on it's way up in the rankings and that it is attracting people who are politicaly ambitous because of it's location in the state capital were as previously they would have attended UF.