This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - newkirk101
« on: July 11, 2007, 01:15:47 PM »
I have a feeling I am going to be left with a situation where I have to choose between part-time at a T3 in the region I want to practice or full-time at another T3. The rule of thumb is not to plan on transferring but is it hard to lateral transfer from a full-time T3 to a full-time T3 (that I was originally accepted only part-time at)?
I have heard some schools put you in their part -time program to suck money out of you. Am I able to skip over this and transfer their, thereby skipping the part-time program??
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »
Who has a better chance or moving to the next tier. Southwestern T2 or Chapman T3? I personally believe Chapman will and am wondering why it is not Tier 3 already. The 25% LSAT is 156, there are few transfers out, applications are high (probably due to its location), and thier median salary is 70k. Why not tier 3?
I know they are young and still unknown outside of CA but I have heard FIU went from provisional almost directly to Tier 3, what gives?
Where should I go next fall? / Moving from safety school to waitlist acceptance school, advice needed?« on: July 03, 2007, 09:39:57 PM »
I am waitlisted at two schools, both of which I would attend at any moment. How do I totally commit to my safety school but leave the option of going to another school all the way up to the day before school starts?
The whole financial aid process seems a little overwhelming. I do not want to sign all my loans into my safety school and not be able to attend my waitlist acceptance. Any advice?
If I sign up for federal loans and other private loans am restrictefd to my safety? If anyone could discuss this with me more in-depth please pm me. thanks.
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:14:57 AM »
the common theme is to retake the LSAT but if that is not an option then what?
« on: June 28, 2007, 07:01:21 PM »
I know the rule of thumb is to go to a school that you can see yourself graduating from. However, just out of curiosity, has anyone done any research on transferring from provisional schools such as La Verne or John Marshall?
I have checked the transferapps group page on yahoo and cannot seem to find much info.