« on: February 02, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »
I'm glad you see now what I am asking. Thank you, I'm sure you made a potential IU-B student happy!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - sarcastic1
« on: February 02, 2006, 03:41:16 PM »
almuhajaba -- why did you withdraw from IU-B and Cornell? Surely your numbers would get you some scholarship money. I'm sure that Yale acceptance had nothing to do with it.
I urge the dissenters to read my original post. If you have DECIDED that some school is not for you, or you have gotten into a better one that you like more, you should withdraw so other people have a chance at the seat you are hanging onto. No one said do not evaluate your options; but let's also not wait until after seat deposits are due to tell schools you are not interested. If you aren't interested in their school anymore, and you have no intention of going there, I state my original question: why not withdraw?
« on: February 02, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »
I agree, it is her right...and I am not trying to cause any animosity. But it would be a courtesy to withdraw schools you aren't considering anymore.
That's all. I don't see anything wrong with that.
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »
Of course Goodgal, but if you get in your top five choices, and are hanging on to schools you are pretty sure you won't go to, why wait until after seat deposits are due to tell them...why not give others a chance earlier on?
And I do think it helps, because scholarship money can be re-dispersed, waitlist letters don't need to be sent out, and if they already have, it can get that list moving.
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »
Decided a school isn't right for you? Get into a better one? If you aren't going to attend but have been accepted, make sure you withdraw your apps so us waitlisted kids get a shot early on!
thanks in advance!
My status changed yesterday saying that a decision will be mailed ten days from 1-21-06. Even though I got to apply for free and I certainly don't want to live in Waco, I think I will still be sad to see another ding.
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:09:57 AM »
Thanks, you too! Tennessee is my first choice. I think a visit will help my chances a bit (maybe)...so I will be heading down to Knoxville in a few weeks!
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »
Rockytop, this was a quick cycle for you! Have you any idea where you will be headed in the fall?
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »
Thats good...I feel like I applied FOREVER ago!