I'm fairly settled on this one:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00024U22U/ref=wl_it_dp/002-0456381-0720866?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I1QK1B8BVW5MY9&v=glance&colid=JNPJSCAGMRD3
US Luggage Ballistic Nylon Soft Overnighter/Computer Portfolio
* Main compartment features a padded laptop computer pocket, three large accessory pockets and ample room for business papers
* Accordion fan file unsnaps and expands an additional 3" and features tie-down straps to hold overnight articles and a zippered, removable accessory pocket
* Zip-down front gusseted compartment contains organizer with business card holders, pen loops, full-length zippered pocket, and accessory pocket
* U-shaped zippered pocket on front and full length pocket on back
* Adjustable, removable, shoulder strap with non-slip, ergonomic pad
I'm not big on leather, partially because my cats are and I have a long train ride each way all week, and I really love the expandability factor, meaning I can (hopefully) minimize my baggage (assuming I stick to my solid plan of coming two hours before class when possible and doing the next day or twos work on campus, thank god for Temple's on campus locker availability!). We'll see just how well that works out in reality though.