Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - emarejay

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
41
Transferring / Re: Transfer from T4 to T1 Definitely Possible!
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:08:41 AM »
Curious:

Did Michigan consider your friend's LSAT or do you know if it was really high? Id kill to transfer there next year, but my LSAT isn't anywhere near their level.

42
General Board / Re: what's up with law school relationships?
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:05:47 AM »
He's probably just meeting all of these new chicks and getting interested in all of them. THere's like a 10% chance he will hook up with one of them and a 90% chance that after trying for a month and failing he will come back to you.


jk

43
General Board / Re: Grading Curve - Grading CAP
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:18 PM »
Toledo doesn't. Or at least everyone I have talked to has told me that including the profs.

44
U of Toledo / Re: First Assignments...
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:32:12 PM »
So far Im dissapointed. I was expecting to have to work much harder. I know it is early, but last night I watched TV for 3 hours and then slept for 10. Now Im watching pre-season football and golfing tomorrow?. Nine credits, at this point in time, seems too light. I enjoy it, but I feel like Im not being pushed very hard. The three day weekend offers plenty of time to get work done for contracts and civ pro. I know a lot of you have other commitments and responsibilities like family that are also priorities. My problem is that I have none. I need to join a club or something. You finish your work and you can talk to someone. I just get in bed and watch ESPN haha.

LRW seems like it will be relatively bland, but easy. I really like O'Connell. She seams very reasonable. Civ Pro seems the hardest, with contracts in the middle. I noticed that we have a 5 day weekend coming up too since LRW is cancelled for Tuesday after labor day.

I have this transitional thing all figured out. The school is so obsessed with rankings (a good thing) that they sat around and thought, "hmmmmm, how can we raise our admission stats without making the class smaller thus losing revenue and do so fast? Oh I got it, lets admit only the highest GPAs and LSATs into full time day and everyone else we will put in some other program that will still graduate in three years but not affect our incoming full time day statistics. That way we tell US NEWS that our median LSAT is 159 for full time day when next semester the median LSAT for full time day will be 156, but they wont know that."

What you guys think about that?

All in all though, I am very satisfied with the school. I like my classmates, faculty, and even the campus. Toledo on the other hand is a terrible and boring city. My roommate just came here from Istanbul and thinks the US sucks. I feel obligated to take him to Chicago or something one of these weekends. I almost wish that I was commuting though, because Im living above a bunch of freshmen who are blasting music until 3am everynight and begging me to buy them beer. The main reason I decided to drop all of the money and live here was because I was expecting to have to read 300 pages a night and didn't want to waste time in the car.

Next semester guys will be a reality check.

45
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo -- Schedules
« on: August 16, 2005, 11:01:17 AM »
haha, I have section 10 as well. And Yorba, we have the same schedule. We won't be spending very much time in class. I looked at the syllabus for Contracts and got the impression that he is pretty hardcore. Harvard BA, JD, & MBA. He makes a point to emphasize his Socratic teaching style and that it is 10% of your final grade.

46
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo -- Schedules
« on: August 16, 2005, 02:34:35 AM »
DO you need a student ID number or anything like that? If so where do I find that out?

Thanks, this is going to help me out a lot as far as my travel plans go if I can get this set up in the morning. Just curious, what time do you start class on Monday? Im in that transition thing too so it might be the same.




If you go to the UT Web for Students you can activate your username etc.  from here you can access your schedule, I am already registered and I would assume anyone else would be as well. 

47
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo -- Schedules
« on: August 12, 2005, 03:09:55 AM »
I might get into some trouble then. I am taking the red-eye in and arrive in Detroit at 8am Monday morning. I was thinking that we could schedule classes and I would take the late one. Interesting.

48
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo - Orientation
« on: July 30, 2005, 03:42:28 AM »
Some of you might enjoy hearing this so Ill post it...


Ive worked at a nice golf club in oakland county michigan for the last 7 summers and have met a lot of attorneys that play there. I spoke with one tonight that just retired at 52 and was a partner in a big firm in bloomfield hills. He told me that they hire toldeo grads in genaral above any other regional school (except for Umich, but including wayne state) and said that I "will be set" if I do okay there and want to work in Michigan.

49
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo - Orientation
« on: July 30, 2005, 03:37:04 AM »
I spoke with a prof a week ago and he told me that I should expect short reading assignments for all of my classes. He said that it will total about an hour worth of work for each first class. I guess don't worry too much about it because that doesnt sound too bad.

50
U of Toledo / Re: U of Toledo - Orientation
« on: July 28, 2005, 09:38:11 PM »
Cases? I got a case about Kroger firing a temp worker who wanted workers comp.

We should all go out to dinner or something one of the nights. Im spending the weekend after orientation and before classes in Vegas getting everything out of my system.   ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14